Scorpion EXO-1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Friends, I've been looking at a lot of the helmet web sites for this helmet-but all are the same price.I was wondering if we have a vendor for this brand of lid. Thanks in advance. Sliick

Friends, I've been looking at a lot of the helmet web sites for this helmet-but all are the same price.I was wondering if we have a vendor for this brand of lid. Thanks in advance. Sliick

I like new enough, they are a great source for gear.

I would go with some thing lighter though, thats one heavy sucker. Might as well get a Nolan flip.

EXO-1000 Clicky

Might want to check the reviews on WebBikeWorld as well..

I have one and it is great. I don't have any neck issues and so the weight is not a problem for me. I really don't notice weight difference between my shoei rf-1000 which is very light vs my Exo-1000. I will be buying another Exo-1000 when this one wears out. I also like the pump up cheek pads. They really give the helmet a custom fit for each rider.

I will tell you you that the venting is not as good and it is louder than the shoei but I ride with earplugs and if it gets hot I crack the visor. It has a little tab on both sides so you can open the visor with either hand.

I give this helmet 4 out of 5 stars.

I have one and it is great. I don't have any neck issues and so the weight is not a problem for me. I really don't notice weight difference between my shoei rf-1000 which is very light vs my Exo-1000. I will be buying another Exo-1000 when this one wears out. I also like the pump up cheek pads. They really give the helmet a custom fit for each rider.
I will tell you you that the venting is not as good and it is louder than the shoei but I ride with earplugs and if it gets hot I crack the visor. It has a little tab on both sides so you can open the visor with either hand.

I give this helmet 4 out of 5 stars.
+1. The helmet is very well balanced so you really don't notice the weight. IMHO, the venting is adequate and overall quieter then my previous lid, an older HJC. I love the pump up cheek pads and the built in sun visor. I'm going to see if I can find a darker sun visor then the one that came with the helmet. I got mine in Apollo white to keep it a little cooler during summer rides. I got mine from Sport Tour Ltd in Ohio mail order last May. I think I got free shipping and I know I didn't pay any sales tax.

I got my last Scorpion through Gary McCoy... he had the cheapest prices around.

Sliik,

I'm not sure what your hoping to pay, but I bought mine from a local shop and I payed far less than what they are listed for on the site in the previous post. I can give you their website if you'd like. I'm sure you would have to call him to set up a deal on the helmet. He doesn't list everything on his site.

BTW I love the helmet. I heard that they were a bit heavy, in fact the shop I bought it from pointed it out that people feel they are a bit heavy but they love them. I didn't notice anything because the only helmets I have worn are for motocross racing (which are much lighter) and I have NEVER worn a helmet on the road until this past summer. Now I'm hooked.

Bare

Recommend going with a Shoei instead of the Scorpion EXO-1000. Had my 1000 replaced twice due to inside pads screwed up and the face shield wouldn't seal. The face shield on the new one I have now still leaks and blows air into my right eye, pretty annoying. Too many gimmicks on the Scorpion and it is VERY noisy compared to the Shoei I got to replace it.

Recommend going with a Shoei instead of the Scorpion EXO-1000. Had my 1000 replaced twice due to inside pads screwed up and the face shield wouldn't seal. The face shield on the new one I have now still leaks and blows air into my right eye, pretty annoying. Too many gimmicks on the Scorpion and it is VERY noisy compared to the Shoei I got to replace it.
Kingfisher- thanks for the info. I also have the Shoei line of helmets in my sights. Would you be talking about the Rf-1000 or the X-11 as an alternative. I have 2 friends that have purchased the X-11's .They have deeper pockets than me,but if I have to save some to get that "right" helmet-I guess I would.I also had a problem w/the EXO-700 that I have now,w/the sheild not

sealing completely.After a couple calls to Scorpion's tech-they said send it back & we'll take a look. They actually sent me a

replacement(no charge). However the replacement is better ,but the sheild still does not seal tight.It also is what I feel to be a

little more than average wind noise.Maybe I can get on of the guys to loan me one of the helmets for the afternoon & see if its

what I'm looking for.I understand that the X-11's are lighter too. Thanks ,Sliick

Have you tried the EXO 700 as an alternative to the 1000? When I tried the 1000 I thought the inside "sunglasses" didn't come down far enough. The 700 fits great and not so noisy.

Kingfisher- thanks for the info. I also have the Shoei line of helmets in my sights. Would you be talking about the Rf-1000 or the X-11 as an alternative. I have 2 friends that have purchased the X-11's .They have deeper pockets than me,but if I have to save some to get that "right" helmet-I guess I would.I also had a problem w/the EXO-700 that I have now,w/the sheild not

sealing completely.After a couple calls to Scorpion's tech-they said send it back & we'll take a look. They actually sent me a

replacement(no charge). However the replacement is better ,but the sheild still does not seal tight.It also is what I feel to be a

little more than average wind noise.Maybe I can get on of the guys to loan me one of the helmets for the afternoon & see if its

what I'm looking for.I understand that the X-11's are lighter too. Thanks ,Sliick
I replaced my EXO-700 with a Shoei 1000. The 1000 is lighter & quieter & has more space for my script glasses.

The only thing I like about the Scorpion is the anti-fog shield. Works well out-of-the-box.

Also: I have a G-Max 68S that was $100. Won best of webbikeworld for 2007. This is one damned comfortable & quiet helmet for the price!!!! I use it for passengers and in the summer when more venting is needed.

-hellcreep