Scorpion EXO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant

Reaction score
Anyone have the Scorpion EXO helmet with the nose guard that keeps your windshield clear. Reviews, comments?

There is a thread already on the exo-700 & 400 models here, and yes it works great, just make sure you get the non-fogging lense. Also you'll love the fact how much money you'll save, and when you buy one, dont forget to get the chin insert that prevents the cold air to freeze your face

Uhhh.....only cars have "windshields". :eek:

Other than that, two thumbs up on my Scorpion EXO-400 helmet.

I have a Scorpion EXO 700 and a 400. They are great. The 400 is polycarbonate and the 700 is Fiberglass/ Kevlar. The 700 vents better if you are in hot climates. The main thing that keeps your shield from fogging is the coating that Scorpion puts on the inside of their visors. They are both great helmets. I probably wont buy anymore Shoeis' Scorpion seems to be as good a Quality and it has removeable washable liners. That is a real plus.

How is the weight on the Scorpions compared to the Arai's and the Shoei's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Breath thru your nostrils no problem. It is much better than my other reasonably priced helmets. Can't say if it is better than Shoeis or Arais too expensive for me when there are cheaper better alternatives.

Great, thanks for the comments and reviews with the exception of

"Uhhh.....only cars have "windshields". See enough of this finding fault with every little thing and sniping on the "other". This is the 2nd time in a couple of weeks that I have seen someone take a pot shot over something minor on someone's post. It is unnecessary and quite frankly rude to find fault in a public forum. If you don't like the wording someone uses, send them a private message. Let's not turn this board into the "other" board. IMHO

Great, thanks for the comments and reviews with the exception of
"Uhhh.....only cars have "windshields". See enough of this finding fault with every little thing and sniping on the "other". This is the 2nd time in a couple of weeks that I have seen someone take a pot shot over something minor on someone's post. It is unnecessary and quite frankly rude to find fault in a public forum. If you don't like the wording someone uses, send them a private message. Let's not turn this board into the "other" board. IMHO
Geeesh! Somebody piss in your wheaties this morning?

Sorry dude. Just my attempt to inject a little humor into the thread. Not a bad thing IMHO. And something I will continue to do.

Seriously, I am sorry if I offended as that was not my intention, but............get a thicker skin.

I have a very thick skin, but it gets old when you simply try to ask a question or get some information and there is always one in the crowd that thinks they are being cute or funny. Where was the punchline? Where was the amusing lead in?

You were not injecting humor, you were finding fault and criticizing. Big difference, and unfortunately becoming typical of this board, just like the "other" one.

Another great feature is you can remove the three internal pads very easily and mount your internal ear speakers, and route your wires easier than my shoei & Arai helmets that I've had in the past.

As for the general population of comments here, this is still by far the best group of women and men that love this bike. We learn to know and expect which ones are the jokers, politician, technicians, backyard know it all, and of course people like me who are DIY wannabees. Just give it a couple hundred posts and threads of reading and you'll get a good idea of the personalities here.

Now Scooter, go to the corner and have a time out....just make sure its at least 400 miles.

I have a very thick skin, but it gets old when you simply try to ask a question or get some information and there is always one in the crowd that thinks they are being cute or funny. Where was the punchline? Where was the amusing lead in?
You were not injecting humor, you were finding fault and criticizing. Big difference, and unfortunately becoming typical of this board, just like the "other" one.
Well, in the interest of not offending you, I'll just make it a point not to respond to any of your queeries. To prove it, I'll let you have the last word. Bye.

Uhhh.....only cars have "windshields".  :eek:
So Skooter, WTF should I be calling that big piece of Cee Baily's plastic screwed to the front of my bike, er, I mean motorcycle. I need to keep my terminology straight so all you insensitive pricks won't poke fun at me. :****: :D

For cryin out loud!

What the hell is the matter with you Toecutter? I can't believe what you posted above. That was completely insensitive!

You need to get with the program, mister. :nono:

We were NOT discussing motorized two-wheeled conveyance [SIZE=14pt]windscreen[/SIZE]s, but brain bucket [SIZE=14pt]faceshields[/SIZE].

Sheesh! Pay attention, would ya? Do try and keep up.

Hey, I am liking the trend this thread is taking on. This is wonderful....just marvelous....the perfect ecosystem for a jerk like me. Can I pounce too, skooter?

Check this out...you are going to like this.....read the sniping comment with a british accent.....my stomach is hurting.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Check this out...you are going to like this.....read the sniping comment with a british accent.....my stomach is hurting.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey odot, I can read it to you all at the next meeting! :D

At last this thread is lightening up!!

:clap:

We were NOT discussing motorized two-wheeled conveyance [SIZE=14pt]windscreen[/SIZE]s, but brain bucket [SIZE=14pt]faceshields[/SIZE].

Sheesh!  Pay attention, would ya?  Do try and keep up.
Well then, maybe you need to go and correct the good folks at Cee Bailey's for starters. From their website:

Sportbike Windshields

BMW Windshields

Yamaha Windshields

Ducati Windshield

Buell Windshield

Vetter Windshields

This misidentification is way over the top. It's probably all over the 'net. Get on it! BTW, I won't refer to the windscreens as that other word any more. Thanks for straightening me out. :D