Scorpion Helmets with Fogless lenses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzkenoman

Reaction score
I was very curious about anyone who bought from this company. I read an article about helmet safety and scorpion rated very very high. So I came across a Scorpion rep at a local bike shop and showed me the latest designs. I was mostly impressed about the optically correct lenses that are also fogless period. I took a trip with my Arai Quantum and another trip with my HJC and both had fogging issues, not to mention the terrible lenses that HJC had. Anyways, I bought one just to test it out on my 150mile short trip, and guess what? it worked out better than using sunglasses in a full helmet on a cold day. Usually I would struggle at the stop lights, holding my breath to keep my glasses fogging, or if I had my other helmets visor down, I couldn't wait to get some type of breeze to see out of the helmet. Has anyone else wore or bought this line of helmets?

Has anyone else wore or bought this line of helmets?
I bought a Scorpion 700 helmet in May 2005 and have probably ridden 15,000 miles in it. My previous helmet was a Shoei 700 and the fit and quietness is about the same. The Scorpion shield has some kind of coating that prevents fogging but it is only supposed to be good for 24 months. I could not see any real differences between the 400 and 700 models in the showroom and bought the 700 because it felt like it fit me a hair better than the 400. One of the magazines concluded that the 400 actually offered better crash protection so I probably could have saved $60 by buying that model, the paint and finish on the two helmets seemed to be the same.

Both models are highly rated at MotorcycleGearReview.com

I have a EXO-700 which I absolutely love. Fairly quiet, very comfortable, lens change system works well, wicking, removable liner, scratch proof coating on outside lens, fog proof in inside (as noted above), is relatively cool in South Florida mid summer, so I guess the venting works OK.

I was about to by a Shoei X-11 but just could not find a justifiable reason to spend the additional $300+ for it. Compared to the EXO-700, the fit/finish/materials were only slightly better on the Shoei.

I did have one of my lenses crack around the pivot after numerous cycles, but Scorpion replaced it at no cost!

If I had only one wish, it would be that it were a tad more quiet.

-BD

I have a EXO-700 which I absolutely love. Fairly quiet, very comfortable, lens change system works well, wicking, removable liner, scratch proof coating on outside lens, fog proof in inside (as noted above), is relatively cool in South Florida mid summer, so I guess the venting works OK.
How would you know any of that?

You never use the damn thing!!! <_<

Or do you wear it inside your house while you run around yelling "Vroom-vroom" ?

I bought a Scorpion for my 12 year old kid. We ride in the Seattle area which is famous for conditions that make a helmet fog. Every time I ask him, he says that his doesn't. The fit and finish as well as the venting design seem good as well.

I personally am apparently a snob and need to have a Shoei or an Arai. But if you want a good helmet for a reasonable price, the Scorpions seem fine.

My neighbors both have Scorpion hemlets and are pleased with them. I plan on buying a second one for my oldest son. I got the first one from helmetharbor.com.

Cheers,

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd hand word has it that these Scorpion helmets are gathering such a following that the prices on them are all going up next year. Evidently it's a great product at a cheap price compared to the big established names. My next helmet might be a Scorpion.

I wear an HJC Symax (flip front) and really don't have a problem fogging. The venting in the helmet ain't that great, but cracking open the visor one click sucks the dew right out.

If you are tired of fogging and if you have a Shoei helmet there is a product now that comes from Europe that supposedly stops your visor from fogging up. It's called Pinlock. Another thread was started that mentioned it. You can read about it.

Pinlock Antifog Visor

I was wanting to give it a try but haven't yet. If anybody has experience with it let me know how it works.

As far as the Scorpion helmet. A friend of mine has one and he absolutely loves it. It's comfortable and cheaper than a comparable Shoei or Arai. I did hear that Scorpion is going to raise their prices for next years lineup. So you might want to get you one before. I guess the good press and tests give Scorpion enough reason to up their prices.

I just bought this helmet a week ago. It's a VEMAR Carbon VSR. It has the hardened coating on the shield plus anti fog and it came with a clear shield and a light smoked one. In addition, it came with an extra liner and spare cheek pads.

This thing lists for $900! They're blowing them out at $300 because they didn't sell due to the price. It's a toss up between the ARAI Corsair I own and this helmet. I love the way it looks though! Don't know if you can find one now though. They were going like hot cakes on another forum I visit regularly! They are not SNELL approved, but rather the European rating of ECE-22.05 which is more stringant than SNELL.

Vemar1.jpg

Vemar2.jpg

Vemar3.jpg

How would you know any of that?
You never use the damn thing!!! <_<

Or do you wear it inside your house while you run around yelling "Vroom-vroom" ?
Hey! Someone call the veterinary coroner...

There's a dead horse here which needs to be carted away!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

-BD

I just bought this helmet a week ago. It's a VEMAR Carbon VSR. It has the hardened coating on the shield plus anti fog and it came with a clear shield and a light smoked one. In addition, it came with an extra liner and spare cheek pads.This thing lists for $900! They're blowing them out at $300 because they didn't sell due to the price. It's a toss up between the ARAI Corsair I own and this helmet. I love the way it looks though! Don't know if you can find one now though. They were going like hot cakes on another forum I visit regularly! They are not SNELL approved, but rather the European rating of ECE-22.05 which is more stringant than SNELL.
That carbon fibre Vemar is sexy! How's the finish? And how much does it weigh?

Must... resist... temptation... to... spend... another... bucketload... of... euros...

Ah, screw it. I want one :D I saw a guy with a Vemar a few weeks ago in Paris, but it wasn't the VSRC, I think it was the VTXE. It seemed pretty cool and the graphics were nice. So, how do you like yours? Quality, finish, noise etc.

https://scorpionusa.com/ is the company, I bought mine at the cycle city in El Toro, California. They had a price of $180 and got an additional 20% because of the weekend sale. Anyways ended up with a good bargain at around $150 for the 700 series. Plus I agree about not spending the extra $300 for similar helmets, and the easy pull out liner. In fact I was able to install my chatterbox headgear very easily by doing that. The other thought about the "24 hours" I think is incorrect. Since I've bought it, I would clean the lenses with mild soap and it's back in fogless action. The important thing I like is the Optically correct lense, since I've had surgery on my eyes, any distortion with the lenses will make me dizzy or sick, but the scorpion has been visually correct.

I bought the EXO 400 in matte black. the included clear shield is fog-proof. You notice the big difference when switching from the mirrored to the clear. the mirrored dosent have the anti-fog coating. i like it alot but like BD said i wish it was a bit quieter.

Has anyone else wore or bought this line of helmets?
Huge :good: on my EXO-400 I just bought to replace my Shoei RF-900 I trashed in my last get-off. Lighter, quieter, better aerodynamics, and absolutely fog-free, unlike my RF-900. Only pisser is I put up with that crappy Shoei so long.

JKarp.

I just bought this helmet a week ago. It's a VEMAR Carbon VSR. It has the hardened coating on the shield plus anti fog and it came with a clear shield and a light smoked one. In addition, it came with an extra liner and spare cheek pads.This thing lists for $900! They're blowing them out at $300 because they didn't sell due to the price. It's a toss up between the ARAI Corsair I own and this helmet. I love the way it looks though! Don't know if you can find one now though. They were going like hot cakes on another forum I visit regularly! They are not SNELL approved, but rather the European rating of ECE-22.05 which is more stringant than SNELL.

Must... resist... temptation... to... spend... another... bucketload... of... euros...

Ah, screw it. I want one :D I saw a guy with a Vemar a few weeks ago in Paris, but it wasn't the VSRC, I think it was the VTXE. It seemed pretty cool and the graphics were nice. So, how do you like yours? Quality, finish, noise etc.
The finish is first class and the weight is less than my ARAI, Very light. I think it's 3.2 lbs. The interior is not as plush as the Corsair, but nice. It's noisy, but any race vented helmet is. Vents well. Good luck trying to find one. Ck MRI, maybe they got some more in. I wouldn't pay $900, but for $300 it was a good deal! It is sexy looking though!

The finish is first class and the weight is less than my ARAI, Very light. I think it's 3.2 lbs. The interior is not as plush as the Corsair, but nice. It's noisy, but any race vented helmet is. Vents well. Good luck trying to find one. Ck MRI, maybe they got some more in. I wouldn't pay $900, but for $300 it was a good deal! It is sexy looking though!
If anyone's interested.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

or

https://www.sportbiketracktime.com/shop/index.html

Very pleased with my Scorpion EXO-700. Had it for about 6 months. No problem with fogging; which in addition to the anti-fog coating on visor has neatly vented ducts supplying air to the visors. Comfortable,light,aerodynamically smooth.

Great value.

I bought the Scorpion 700 for my daughter earlier this year. Had a little trouble finding a place that had them in stock but we did find them at a small performance shop. This is her first helmet and we wanted to make sure she got the right size. Price was very good at about $200 with some graphics on the helmet. She likes it a lot and I'd buy another one.