Scorpion Helmets with Fogless lenses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RTSR1/FJR,

You bastard, now I'm trouble. It is your fault!

Gotta tell the wife I just dropped $315 on a helmet, which I didn't need.

Got it from SportbikeTrackTime. $299 +$15 shipping.

And they said I could return it, if it does not fit!!

They are going for $330 - $350 + shipping on Ebay with not returns.

I bid on a couple but never meet to reserve price, above $300.

I've never seen one of these in person, but decided to roll the dice.

They sure do look sharp in the pictures.

Anyone have an idea how it compares to a Shoei RF-1000?

If sizing is comparable to my Shoei, which is just barely on the the loose side, it will be a keeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
RTSR1/FJR,
You bastard, now I'm trouble. It is your fault!

Gotta tell the wife I just dropped $315 on a helmet, which I didn't need.

Got it from SportbikeTrackTime. $299 +$15 shipping.

And they said I could return it, if it does not fit!!

They are going for $330 - $350 + shipping on Ebay with not returns.

I bid on a couple but never meet to reserve price, above $300.

I've never seen one of these in person, but decided to roll the dice.

They sure do look sharp in the pictures.

Anyone have an idea how it compares to a Shoei RF-1000?

If sizing is comparable to my Shoei, which is just barely on the the loose side, it will be a keeper.
LOl Sorry Quick! Just tell her "Hey, it's normal price is $900 AND YOU COULDN'T PASS IT UP!" lol My ARAI is on the high side of a med. with 25mm cheekpads. I got a Lg. Vemar and swapped cheekpads with a buddy of mine for Xlg (thinner). Made it fit perfect.

Purchased a EXO 700 about 5000 miles ago and find it to be a great helmet, especially for the price. Good fit on my noggin and fine finish and features. I concur on the noisy part. It vents pretty well in warm weather which probably lends it to be a bit noisy. Ear plugs fix that issue well. Overall, good helmet and would buy one again.

FYI for those considering the Vemar helmet.

My XL Shoei fits slightly on the loose side, but not too loose.

The XL Vemar is a little too tight to be considered for all day comfort.

I had to send her back.

For anyone considering this helmet, it is an awesome deal with spare: liner, cheek pads, tinted visor and helmet bag. Unbelievable, for a $300 carbon fiber helmet with massive venting.

But, it does seem to run almost a full size smaller than Shoei sizing.

So, if you are an snug L, size the XL might be perfect for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I came across a Scorpion rep at a local bike shop and showed me the latest designs.  I was mostly impressed about the optically correct lenses that are also fogless period. 
I've been a longtime Arai user. I've been wearing a Scorpion EXO 700 lately. I'm impressed with the comfort, the features (ie removable liner) and quality of materials used. But especially at the value ie under $200 but feels much more expensive. 'Course, what really counts is how a helmet fits your head.

Bruno

Montreal, Canada

CBR 929

Gerbing G3 heated glove review

https://pages.videotron.com/mcrides/product...g/g3-gloves.htm

:

My wife and I both have one and have around 5k miles on them.

I love it much more than the vega I had before.

I bought the 400 instead of the 700 as the dealer told me the only difference was the materials it was made out of. The 700 is fiberglass and the 400 is something else... Wasn't worth the xtra $50 each for me to upgrade.

Fogless worked great... untill I was in hte restroom and the wife decided to be helpful and clean the inside and outside w/ a wetwipe ... now it fogs up and is blurry...

THe liner comes out xtra easy .. I have some earbuds taped to the inside of the helmet so that I get good sound in the hemet.

The visor clicks open easily w/ one hand, occasionaly I have trouble switching lenses around, but that may just be me. Definitaly can't do one handed while riding that I have heard some people claim is possible...

Overall I would 100% buy another...

I don't see why they would bump the price up just b/c popularity though .. the big reason they are popular is the price is much better than the other big brands...

If they go to a similiar pricing as shoei and arai, I don't know if I will get anotherone, as that was their big pitch when they came out, that they weren't trying to rip the motorcyclists off like the other companies were....

My wife and I both have one and have around 5k miles on them.I love it much more than the vega I had before.

I bought the 400 instead of the 700 as the dealer told me the only difference was the materials it was made out of. The 700 is fiberglass and the 400 is something else... Wasn't worth the xtra $50 each for me to upgrade.

Fogless worked great... untill I was in hte restroom and the wife decided to be helpful and clean the inside and outside w/ a wetwipe ... now it fogs up and is blurry...

THe liner comes out xtra easy .. I have some earbuds taped to the inside of the helmet so that I get good sound in the hemet.

The visor clicks open easily w/ one hand, occasionaly I have trouble switching lenses around, but that may just be me. Definitaly can't do one handed while riding that I have heard some people claim is possible...

Overall I would 100% buy another...

I don't see why they would bump the price up just b/c popularity though .. the big reason they are popular is the price is much better than the other big brands...

If they go to a similiar pricing as shoei and arai, I don't know if I will get anotherone, as that was their big pitch when they came out, that they weren't trying to rip the motorcyclists off like the other companies were....
you might want to call them about your visor problem. I understand that some visors are not coated, and some are made with material that should never have fogging problems. I guess it depends on your model of helmet and visor combo. When I bought my 700 helmet, the rep said the dark smoked lens was fogless but the mirrored was not. which is yours? give them a call anyways, maybe they can resolve it!