Scorpion Helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have anything to tell me about this https://www.thehelmetsource.com/Scorpion_Helmets.htm line of helmets?
They sure do fit my head good and the riding partner thinks they are okay.....Any experience on you guys part?
Being an old time rider and set in my ways, I can't stand a full face helmet. If I had to wear one I would quite riding first.

Having said that, I wear one of there EXO 200 helmets. Thats an open face one. It fits good and I like the fact that the speakers mount inside the shell. You can't feel them at all and the sound comes through ok.
You might enjoy a full-facer if it looked like this:

3418605-Travel_Picture-My_Latest_Helmet.jpg

Add me to the 200 fan club-best helmet I've owned ever. Though not crash tested (should consider Skoot as the resident expert in this regard), it's the most comfortable and most adaptable helmet I've owned. The build quality is excellent, and the swappable face shield/visor a real plus, and well thought out. I managed to break one of the pivot levers early on (my fault, not theirs), but the design has allowed me to continue using the helmet until I can replace it. Didn't know U Motors handled them, thanks Groosome... ;)

Edit: Called U Motors, who gave me a Scorp number to call about my pivot kit. Called Scorp, who is sending the kit gratis, now thats what I call customer service! Now a bigger fan than ever. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Scorpion 700.

In the last few years I've had a Arai Quantum, comfortable but $$$$$ and pain to change shields

Shoei RF1000, light, comfortable and $$$$$$

HJC AC11, Light, fairly comfortable but no snap for chin strap.

Thej Arai was the most comfortable of those three but I hated the shield change mechanism. The Arai and Shoei are wayyyy overpriced and I won't buy another.

The Scorpion has a very plush interior, comfortable, good venting and at under $200 the best deal in town. Its also about even in comfort with the Arai and looks good to.

Got mine at: www.tonker.com free shipping

Steve

I've had a 400 for about a couple years now and use it exclusively. I agree that it's not the quietest helmet on the planet, but good bang for the buck. I love being able to change shields while the helmet is on my head in under 10 secs flat. The interior is nice as well, and I don't find the airflow an issue.

Being an old time rider and set in my ways, I can't stand a full face helmet. If I had to wear one I would quite riding first.

Having said that, I wear one of there EXO 200 helmets. Thats an open face one. It fits good and I like the fact that the speakers mount inside the shell. You can't feel them at all and the sound comes through ok.
You might enjoy a full-facer if it looked like this:

3418605-Travel_Picture-My_Latest_Helmet.jpg
:clapping: Now that may just be a full face helmet I could wear. It would sure get a lot of attention. :blink:

Anyone have anything to tell me about this https://www.thehelmetsource.com/Scorpion_Helmets.htm line of helmets?
They sure do fit my head good and the riding partner thinks they are okay.....Any experience on you guys part?
As a long time Arai wearer I think the Scorpion EXO 400 is a great value and good for oval type heads. The wife and I like the no fog shield and the price is right. Probably will purchase another when the time comes.

[*]The anti-fog shield is only so-so. Maybe I'm just a heavy breather. ;) But especially in the rain, I find myself having to clean the inside of the shield often to keep it completely fog free.
Have you used anything but soap and water to clean it? That may be the prob.
Yep, that was the problem. I replaced the shield with a new one, and it's been fog free...