SE Ohio Ramble Boating

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KJ was getting mad at me for calling his 1600 BMW a Land Barge so he pushed a button and showed that it's a fairly decent river barge too......
[img=[URL="https://yamafitter.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/touring/SE-Ohio-Ramble/i-WKZ2ZSf/0/L/BMW%20boat-L.jpg%5D"]https://yamafitter.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/touring/SE-Ohio-Ramble/i-WKZ2ZSf/0/L/BMW%20boat-L.jpg][/URL]
Holy crap...That's a lot of water. Glad you boys and girls had fun.

I doubt Bill was sober......... Let alone awake
When I saw how deep the second waterhole was it was a very sobering experience. While I have lots of experience pumping out the water on a dirt bike I wasn't willing to find out how difficult it is to de-water a FJR. When I saw the first waterhole it definitely woke me up.

When we got back from the Friday ride a few other folks were arriving like Jim & Iris on their his and her's 2014 ES's under Petey's and Griff's approving eye.....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-4-L.jpg

Griff was wondering how he was going to explain to the wife how he was going to explain showing up back home with a red FJR when he left on a silver one.

Most of the folks need tires after a weekend in SE Ohio. Clocklaw needed tires at the start of the weekend.....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-5-L.jpg

It cost him some time Saturday morning but the local dealer was able to help him out and Clocklaw was out riding some flat, straight and boring roads before noon.

I wanted to get more video and photos on Saturday but the asshole that lead on Friday (me) wouldn't take the time to smell the roses. I know Andy & Sooze are more responsible so I joined up with their group. First stop out on the road was the covered bridge on Hwy 26 about 1/2 north of Marietta....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-6-L.jpg

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-7-L.jpg

That is Phil checking out the view from the window.

Next stop was for a biobreak at a rest stop along the Ohio River.....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-8-L.jpg

We then turned away from the river on Hwy 536 and then turned off the highway to head up to Keidaisch Point Park to get a different view of the river.....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-9-L.jpg

While we were there some other hooligans arrived .....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-10-L.jpg

including the chief hooligan of the event, Wayne "Buzzkill" Extrememarine....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-11-L.jpg

Wayne was granted the moniker of "Buzzkill" after using the windscreen on his FJR to take out a turkey vulture. Wayne was not able to remove all the evidence.....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-2-L.jpg

After a stop for gas everyone was getting a little peckish so it was time to get over to Bainsville and stop for lunch at the diner.....

I ordered a BLT with sweet potato fries but the panzarotti looked really good.....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-12-L.jpg

FredW should have made the trip because the gift shop across the road would have appealed to his feminine side and the prices where cheap even by New Englander standards.....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-13-L.jpg

It was getting a little late by the time everyone was done lunch, the clouds had rolled in and it was starting to rain so Andy made the command decision to forgo the northern section of the east loop and led the group back south down Hwy 26 and back to Marietta.

I have video from the parking lot bike races but even at 4 times normal speed I was still the slowest rider mostly because my knees refused to bend enough to get my feet onto the pedals. I'm still working on other videos and will post up as I get them uploaded.

If I could make one suggestion to improve the SE Ohio Ramble it would be to have a Sargent at Arms to keep the riff-raff out....

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-3-L.jpg

- to be continued-

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ was getting mad at me for calling his 1600 BMW a Land Barge so he pushed a button and showed that it's a fairly decent river barge too......
BMW%20boat-L.jpg
Damn good DRL underwater oncoming visibility!

And thanks for bringing back my water-logged memory. I'm sure glad there were some dry FJR's there (that didn't cross) to tow me back to basecamp. lol

Just to clarify, This wasn't at the start of the weekend, this was after day one on those boring roads......and you're right, thanks to the Pit Crew, I didn't loose too much time on Saturday, we still got in 316 miles for that day and got to see the New River Gorge Bridge that was on my list of things to do for the weekend. BTW, thanks for the assistance.

Most of the folks need tires after a weekend in SE Ohio. Clocklaw needed tires at the start of the weekend.....
SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-5-L.jpg

It cost him some time Saturday morning but the local dealer was able to help him out and Clocklaw was out riding some flat, straight and boring roads before noon.

Do the Ohio roads eat tires, or is it that everyone seems to come to this event with not much tread left on their tires to begin with?

Do the Ohio roads eat tires, or is it that everyone seems to come to this event with not much tread left on their tires to begin with?
No, not comparing to some that I have rode that have had glass beads imbedded, I would say no more that the normal roads of anywhere else USA.

One things for sure, when your socializing/drinking in the parking lot, the tires are not wearing at all!, only your liver!

No, not comparing to some that I have rode that have had glass beads imbedded, I would say no more that the normal roads of anywhere else USA.

One things for sure, when your socializing/drinking in the parking lot, the tires are not wearing at all!, only your liver!
KJ, remember "The Liver is Evil and Must be Punished"

More video feed from SE Ohio.

The first one is from Saturday morning going up Hwy 26 with BikerGeek & Sooze taking the lead. YouTube blocked mobile access so I copied the video over to Vimeo. Unfortunately I can't embed the video from the Vimeo site so you have to click on the link.....

Hwy 26 Video

Wayne brought a clown bike (no, not a BMW) for the festivities on Saturday night. I came in last because my knees would not bend enough to get my feet on the pedals......

Nice stuff Bill...who were you following?
I think it was Timmy two up with the wife but to be honest I'm not sure. I need to start taking notes since at my advanced age I can't rely on my memory anymore. I do remember a mudhole at the Corduroy Enduro back in 1976 however but that's another story.

I think it was Timmy two up with the wife but to be honest I'm not sure. I need to start taking notes since at my advanced age I can't rely on my memory anymore. I do remember a mudhole at the Corduroy Enduro back in 1976 however but that's another story.
Pretty sure its DesignFlaw. After we split up, Bill was ehind me most of the way. Bill, if you have any video from later on Saturday I would be interested in seeing it.

I think it was Timmy two up with the wife but to be honest I'm not sure....
Pretty sure its DesignFlaw. After we split up, Bill was ehind me most of the way. Bill, if you have any video from later on Saturday I would be interested in seeing it.
It could well be since I'm not at all sure. I just finished putting together another video that was just after the first rest stop when we turned onto Hwy 260. YouTube is causing too many issues when I upload video so I am using Vimeo but unfortunately I can not embed the video. You will need to click on the link....

Hwy 260 Video

I have some other footage but I won't get a chance to work with it until after the Tech Day at Bust's this weekend.

Yeah that was me in front of Bill until the first stop.

Once established that we were going to be the slow ones of the group, we dropped behind. LeAnne wasn't feeling the greatest with the motion of the roads. Thanks to whoever had the Dramamine on them, I forget who it was.

Once established that we were going to be the slow ones of the group, we dropped behind. LeAnne wasn't feeling the greatest with the motion of the roads. Thanks to whoever had the Dramamine on them, I forget who it was.
OK, so my memory is not as bad as I thought. That is Timmy & wife in the first video on Hwy 26.

OK, so my memory is not as bad as I thought. That is Timmy & wife in the first video on Hwy 26.
If you and Mayor Rob Ford would stop partying together, you would have a few more brain cells left between you two Hosers eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh!

If you and Mayor Rob Ford would stop partying together, you would have a few more brain cells left between you two Hosers eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh!
Is this the look I got from my drinking buddy Rob when I showed him your ballerina photo.....

r-ROB-FORD-ONTARIO-LIBERALS-large570.jpg