Seat issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think so because I have been communicating over email with Spencer this past week. Here is his email: [email protected] . I am thinking he is probably swamped this time of year with riding season just begining. JRH08FJR

Attention!! I have a corbin and they are wide also.

If you order a new one from corbin get all your specs that you need as to where you are going to alter the seat and discuss with them. They are a little spendy for trial and error.

If you could do a ride in that would be your best option.

Something that is important, the type of foam theyt use is memory foam and xtra hard, you may want to change to a softer foam so you sink in the seat when you sit on it..

Just some helpful hints. Try swamping with someone you know that has a corbin and take it for a test ride

I dont think so because I have been communicating over email with Spencer this past week. Here is his email: [email protected] . I am thinking he is probably swamped this time of year with riding season just begining. JRH08FJR
I'll give him another try, thanks.

I bought a spare seat off Ebay a couple months ago to get modified and am itchin' to get it done.

I can't even come close to flatfooting, I wouldnt stress it so much. When I had the stock saddle on I could get the balls of my feet down at a stop. After adding new suspension and a Russell seat, I can *just* get both my toes down on flat ground. It was rather sketchy at first but I've learned to balance the bike better, and when stopping to pick a foot and shift off to that side. I can almost get a heel down that way.

It helps when you add 150lb of pillion and gear to the back end too.

FWIW: my father has an 04, and hes 5'7" with at best a 30" inseam. he sent in his seat to RCP and after some deliberation and work, they made him a very nice day-long saddle thats no taller than stock. getting the seat height considerably lower is gonna be a real trick though.

I have an FJR 2007, ABS, perfect bike, but I can't flat foot the bike when I stop and would really like to. I need about 3-4" more drop in the stock seat. Anyone know of a good seat maker that can help and not break the bank?
in a later post I noticed you are in Lev KS. I'm in Leawood KS, suburb of KCMO. I used a shop in North KC (North Kansas City Auto Trim) to redo my seat. I had a spencerized seat and many have said it did the trick for them. For me it didn't. I didn't need lower, just more area/sling for my sit bones. Anyway, NKCAT might work with you on loweing your seat. They were way reasonable. Did major wrk on the driver and minor work on the pillion and recovered them both to match. They changed the spape of the seat, the thickness (added a bit) and the "nose" of the seat. My point is they will work with you to mod your seat, let you try it out, mod some more, etc. until you are happy. Once you are happy they recover it or might be able to use your original cover. For me the work was under $200.

One thing I noticed when they had my seat apart: you take off an inch of foam and that's going to be a hard seat in my opinion.

I don't doubt your wife's method of measuring but I find it hard to believe that you have survived the bike and need 3-4". You could test it by stacking two 2x4s on each side and seeing if you really need all 3" to get more secure footing. Perhaps between the modified seat and thicker soles on the shoes you'll get enough to be more confident.

Good luck.