Seat position question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spridal

Reaction score
This might sound a little stupid but I read the manual and it states that there are two postions with one being the lowest setting. My question is this, if I totally remove the seat adjuster is that suppose to make it lower than the lowest postion with the adjuster in?

This might sound a little stupid but I read the manual and it states that there are two postions with one being the lowest setting. My question is this, ...
I wouldn't given almost anything if the next line there was:

"What's the other position called?" :haha:

The bracket moves to a L (low) or H (High setting) by moving forward or back- you don't remove the bracket-just shift forward or reverse.

There is a clip that you put on or off that is under the tank that moves- it is really easy to do.

OK, did some checking.

The bracket that moves either forward for the low position or back about a half inch for the high position does this so that a protrusion on the bottom of the seat pan either sits onto the bracket (for the high pos) or fits down into a notch (for the low pos).

You wondered if the bracket were removed if the seat could go lower. Unfortunately I cannot test that for you since the front of the bracket is designed with a sliding hinge so it can move forward and back and up to about a 400 degree angle for moving to the two positions- but I can't physically remove the bracket. However, that is not to say it isn't possible. It looked like if you wanted to do a little plastic destruction that it could be removed- but obvioulsy I didn't want to do that.

I think that if you didn't have the bracket, the seat would rock improperly on the odd shaped and uncentered protrusion on the bottom of the seat pan. But, perhpas a little garage re-engineering could make this work for you. It will just take a short creative/inventive person to come up with the solution :lol:

Well I had a chance to get to the bike. I removed the black "seat adjuster" and the seat "clicks" and locks in as it should. The answer to my question is that the seat hight is a little less without the adjuster. I measured with a tape measure from the ground to the seat and you save about .50 inches. I'm 5' 7" with a 30" inseam and can now straddle the bike and almost flat foot it :)

I removed my plastic bracket after reading your post but I didn't notice a difference in height. I removed the rubber bumpers from the underside of the seat as well. I am concerned, however, that the seat (when sat on) touches the side panels. I am scared to ride it that way.

I sure would like to have a couple more inches to get my feet down.

I removed my plastic bracket after reading your post but I didn't notice a difference in height. I removed the rubber bumpers from the underside of the seat as well. I am concerned, however, that the seat (when sat on) touches the side panels. I am scared to ride it that way. I sure would like to have a couple more inches to get my feet down.

I did not remove the rubber bumpers I just removed the black plastic bracket. I will check my measurements again but I am very sure that I gained about .5 inches.