Second bike, what to get?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HiIs not better to have 2 machines from only one brand? With my digital cameras I bought 2 from 2 different brand and it gives more problems than solutions ( softwares, wires, technical support,etc)

Rudy

the parts still will not interchange so what difference does it make. i drive a ford truck and also have a honda car and that doesn't cause any extra trouble

pre 2008 KLR

img0641smallal1.jpg

KL650E8F_93454.jpg

Dual purpose means dirt and/or fire roads right?

The Vstroms are "adventure bikes" I know I had both the 650 and 1000.

I also had a real dual sport (KLR) for a short while and want it back. The FJR can do everything I need it to on the road so the KLR would be great to ride all the fireroads in north GA/NC that I've been passing all these years. Yeah the DR650 maybe a better off road bike and the XR650L maybe a better dirt bike but with all the improvements to the new KLR its pretty much good to go out of the box. Then you can add happytrails.com panniers, skid gaurds.

If you want single track and such for mostly off road riding a DRZ400 or similar would be better. I think the KLR would be great for road/fire/gravel roads and when I get another it will be fitted with dirt knobbies since it won't see much street use just all day in the fire roads.

Good info: www.klr650.net

www.thumpertalk.com

All the farkles you'll need:

www.twistedthrottle.com

https://happy-trail.com

Cover_photo.jpg

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: