Second Look: Still operating?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatess

Reaction score
Anyone know is second-look.com is still operating?

I placed an order 4 weeks back and after receiving the confirmation email same day have seen no status. I've tried calling, left voicemail and emailed, but no response. On the good side, they haven't charged my CC yet.

Wondering if others have had similar experience and I should just be patient?

Anyone know is second-look.com is still operating?
I placed an order 4 weeks back and after receiving the confirmation email same day have seen no status. I've tried calling, left voicemail and emailed, but no response. On the good side, they haven't charged my CC yet.

Wondering if others have had similar experience and I should just be patient?
I'd have to say that Second Look costomer service could use some serious looking into. You have not been the first to have an issue. I'll send Tina an email, just to see if there is something she can do to help.

Dave

PS. Not sure if you took advantage of the group buy, but I feel like an email from me is the least I can do to help. Sorry, it's been such a pain,

Well they charged my credit card now, so I guess they do still exist. No replies to emails and phone calls though. Customer service is non-existent. Here's hoping my tank bra turns up in the next few days.

Just joined the forum a few days back and this is one of the first improvements I'm making (to cover a small ding). I had the same responsiveness issues but just recently got this email back from Tina who offered to extend the group buy:

Hi Tom
I just check the web and the code should be working - the code is fjrgroup . Yes please let other riders know - we will give this discount until 10/30/09

Thanks

Tina

Second Look

www.second-look.com">www.second-look.com

800-566-5753
She said they had the standard black tank skin in stock.

Tom

...got this email back from Tina who offered to extend the group buy:
Yep, I missed putting the group buy code in my order and that was one of my emails that was ignored.

I also requested in one email and voicemail to change the order to a full cover, which I thought I'd get a response to, being a more expensive item. But that seems to have been ignore also.

Right now I'll just be happy if a bra comes in the mail soon.

Update:

Tina has not responded to my email either. I like my Secondlook tank bra, but could not recommend them based on their service.

Sorry for all the pain this has been for some,

Dave

I returned a defective tank bra that I purchased from the group buy. Very slow in sending out a return label and it's been 3 weeks since returning the bra with no credit to my account...

Well the bra FINALLY arrived yesterday. Talk about sloooooooooow.

When a company is going to take 7-8 weeks to ship something to you they should send an email, or at least return phone calls and emails inquiring (politely of course) about the status of your order.

Anyway, the bra is on, so now I'm happy my jacket wont scuff the tank. Well made indeed, but its not quite as good a fit as the one on my VFR purchased by previous owner 10 years ago I think, but not bad. I'm hoping it shrinks in a little once the sun gets on it a few times.

So I guess patience is mandatory when dealing with Second Look.

All's well that ends well,

Sean

Well, I'm glad to hear you finally got your tank bra. I will say that 7 to 8 weeks without a good reason is BS in my book. I have no clue why Second Look runs their business in this manner. I tried several times to contact Tina during the group buy, to give her heads up on concerns or issues. However, I'm affraid to say not all my emails were answered and it's obvious they don't seem too be very concerned to fix their PR.

Dave