Second look tank bra

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one on my '05 and it's real nice but as you may have found, by looking at their website, it's in disarray with malfunctioning pages and all the retailers I was able to locate are blowing them out at 50% off discounts. If I had to guess, I'd say they were done for.

https://store.58cycle.com/product_p/look%20te%20fjr1300%2004.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Second look is still in business?
Beware!

I tried to do business with them ~ a yr back and never could get them to answer their phone, and email only once. They took my order but never did charge my card so no damage I guess. A forum member that lives in their area did a drive by the address listed and it was a UPS/mailbox store. Looks like a garage operation to me...

I ended up getting one of those full tank covers off ebay for more money; too bad - I really liked the 2nd look one!

Does anyone know if Second look is still in business?
Beware!

I tried to do business with them ~ a yr back and never could get them to answer their phone, and email only once. They took my order but never did charge my card so no damage I guess. A forum member that lives in their area did a drive by the address listed and it was a UPS/mailbox store. Looks like a garage operation to me...

I ended up getting one of those full tank covers off ebay for more money; too bad - I really liked the 2nd look one!
Good you didn't get burned!

My Second Look skin is very nice and I really like it. I just can't get my head around those full tank protectors but that's just me.

I was lucky, when I bought my "third hand" FJR with less than 4k! I was handed the Second Look in it's unopened original package. The same for the OEM pannier liners, a Yami FSM, and the OEM Yami FJR cover. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Second Look skin is very nice and I really like it. I just can't get my head around those full tank protectors but that's just me.
+1; I've gotten used to it now but like you it wasn't my first choice. Oh well, water under the bridge as they say........

I've got one of those tank bras and it's nice. Looks like they've gone under though...I haven't seen any evidence of them online lately. They had quite a bit of promise, but I guess there's not enough of a market for people who need full tank coverage.

It's a shame though, I had a chance to talk to one of Second Look's sales reps when they had a booth at the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, CA back in 2007. He went outside with me to use my 2007 FJR as the color sample for the second run of the tank bras and I even helped choose several vinyl swatches for it too! What happened was that the color shade was off on the first run of them so it would look strange in natural light. I even received a new and improved tank bra in return for volunteering my bike. Not a bad deal.

It's a shame though, I had a chance to talk to one of Second Look's sales reps when they had a booth at the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, CA back in 2007. He went outside with me to use my 2007 FJR as the color sample for the second run of the tank bras and I even helped choose several vinyl swatches for it too! What happened was that the color shade was off on the first run of them so it would look strange in natural light. I even received a new and improved tank bra in return for volunteering my bike. Not a bad deal.
Yes, shame indeed. They did put out a good product and were local to me in Sacramento.

They used my bike back in 2002 as a template for the tank bra and seat skins. First FJR in Sacramento :yahoo: