Second Look Tank Skin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the back rest on the seat. Is that a fold down type? Can you tell me a bit about it? What brand, where did you get it? How much? etc... Thanks!

I noticed the back rest on the seat. Is that a fold down type? Can you tell me a bit about it? What brand, where did you get it? How much? etc... Thanks!
The rack is made by forum member Gaurald. I really can't remember what the cost was ($200 or so). It doesn't fold down and is installed with C-clamps painted and provided by Gaurald.

If you want I can take a close up picture of it for you. His work is awesome and the rack has never let me down.

Dave

(Not Duster...)

Those look like Russell "Day Long" seats out of Shasta Lake, CA.

Reputed to among the most comfortable solution to LD riding comfort ( I hope so, as I have a ride-in appointment the second week in September!)

Don

Don't know about the tank skin, but I sure would like to have your seats on my bike. Could you tell me a little about them?
Jer
The seats are actually NOT Russell seats. They are Rick Mayer seats. I've had 3 seats (stock, Corbin, Mayer) on my bike and the current Rick Mayer seat is by far the best. If I had money to waste I'd try a Russell seat just to compare the two. :) However, I don't have money to waste and will stick with my current seat.

Dave

Don't know about the tank skin, but I sure would like to have your seats on my bike. Could you tell me a little about them?
Jer
The seats are actually NOT Russell seats. They are Rick Mayer seats. I've had 3 seats (stock, Corbin, Mayer) on my bike and the current Rick Mayer seat is by far the best. If I had money to waste I'd try a Russell seat just to compare the two. :) However, I don't have money to waste and will stick with my current seat.

Dave

UPDATE: I have a call into Second Look about a group buy. I told them I have several people interested in a possible group buy. If and when they call me back I'll ask for a 5% off with a purchase of 5-9 and a 10% off with a purchase of 10-15 and 15% off if we can get over 20 group buy purchases. I'll repost if they choose to go for this group buy.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. How does it attach? I notice that they also sell seat skins. Have you seen those?
2 plastic clips on each side and one clip one the front (near seat). It then has an elastic bungie type cord that goes around the front of the tank. A piece of cake to install.

I've never seen the seat skins. I use a Skidmore product that works great for my seat. I know the make a "full" tank skin for 06 and newer.

Dave
Do you have to remove the trim piece beneath the tank?

Dave

Do you have to remove the trim piece beneath the tank?

Yes, I did to make sure it went underneath this piece. It's only one hex bolt and a push snap. I'd list it as REALLY easy to install.

Dave

Update:

There will be an official group buy. I'll post the details and time frame in the group buy section soon. :)

Dave

PS. Bottom line is if we get 15 tank skins purchased you all will enjoy a 15% discount. :)

Just in case you didn't already know there is a Group Buy going for Second Look Tank Skins.

Tina, emailed me and send me pictures of what their FULL tank skin looks like on a 06. These pictures are not on their web page.

06FJR_tank1_full.jpg

06FJR_tank2_full.jpg

We ONLY need 4 more orders to reach the 15% OFF.

Dave

Update:
There will be an official group buy. I'll post the details and time frame in the group buy section soon. :)

Dave

PS. Bottom line is if we get 15 tank skins purchased you all will enjoy a 15% discount. :)
Hi Dave, FlyingJ here. I would like to get in on the group buy.What do I need to do?

I have a bra on one of my cars and if it gets wet it needs to be removed right away. If you don't remove it it can hazing in the paint. Is that also the case for this tank skin? I do get caught in the rain from time to time.

Update:

Dave

Hi Dave, FlyingJ here. I would like to get in on the group buy.What do I need to do?

You need to go to the Group Buy section and read through it. Then PM me and I'll add you to the list.

PS: I agree with you Johnny80. They are so easy to take off (04 version I know for sure), that it's not an issue to have to remove them to wash the bike or if you get caught in a rain storm. Could take it off and dry it out at your nightly rest stop. That's my thoughts on it and what I'll be doing.

Dave

Update:

Dave

You need to go to the Group Buy section and read through it. Then PM me and I'll add you to the list.

PS: I agree with you Johnny80. They are so easy to take off (04 version I know for sure), that it's not an issue to have to remove them to wash the bike or if you get caught in a rain storm. Could take it off and dry it out at your nightly rest stop. That's my thoughts on it and what I'll be doing.

Dave
Dave put me on the list for a black 1/2 skin for a 2003.

Thanks,Jason

Update:

Dave

Dave
Thanks Dave.

Update: We are only 2 confirmed orders away from the 15% OFF. If we get them by Monday, everyone will be able to Contact Tina at Second Look on Tuesday to order their Tank Skins. I've been sending her emails of the list of orders, so they should have what you want in stock.

So those that want them ASAP.... Tell Johnny80 to order the Black Cherry one for us all to see how it looks on his 07... :) Just messing with you.. :)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.