sena smh 10 speakers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintage117

Reaction score
I sure hope I put this in the right place one of my speakers stop working tonight on the way home has anyone tried to replace them with something else or will I have to go back with something from sena I found some that were for a smh10r would they be the same ??

thanks Aaron

If just one went out then it could be frayed wire...you could look and if you can do delicate soldering might be able to fix it. But the speaker is attached to the unit that also has the mic and is $30 to replace. I've had them go bad before (broken boom mic) and found it easier to replace it.

One of our Sena bases cracked after a helmet oops. I looked at repairing it, but my time was worth more than the $30 replacement cost.

Spend the $$$ and replace, you'll be money [and time] ahead!

--G

+1 to George

Sena just replaced my broken wire at the speaker under warranty. Seems to me there is a weak solder where the wire connects to the speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of our Sena bases cracked after a helmet oops. I looked at repairing it, but my time was worth more than the $30 replacement cost.
Spend the $$$ and replace, you'll be money [and time] ahead!

--G
Exactly what happened to my daughter's helmet. Got the new clamp also. One added benefit of getting the clamp, is all the extra parts that come with it. It's always good to have extras. :)

Check to make sure it is actually the speaker. One of my speakers wasn't working a few weeks ago and I removed/replaced the device from the mount on the helmet and it was fine. Appears in my case it was a connection issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never get the Sena speakers to sound good, no matter how close to my ear I placed them. I love the Sena Bluetooth platform, they did a great job, but they didn't invest as much time in selecting quality speakers.

After the left one started going in and out due to wiring, I took the opportunity to replaced them with J&M units. 30 minutes with soldering tools and heat shrink and it now sounds like a concert hall in my helmet. Definitely doesn't fall in the "cheap" category though. ~$60.00 plus shipping.

well I called sena today looks like its going to be a warranty job just need the email back telling me what to do

aaron