Sena SMH10 Intercom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to help from Bros. Phroenips, Sena installed and sounds great. Used it for iPod, and for intercom use. Here's only glitch: while I can use it with my BB's phone, the ringer is way too soft to hear. Hence, I've missed calls. And given that the only reason I can see for using the phone feature is emergency calls to me, not hearing the ring is a "bad thing."

Does anyone know how to increase the volume of the ringer in the Sena? Or, conversely, to increase the volume of the headset ringer in a BB Storm?

I just got mine from MrHit. Ordered last Wednesday and arrived this morning. I bought a pair. I'll be using it this weekend - but not bike to bike - just rider to pillion. The one thing I noticed is that it doesn't fit very well on my Schuberth C3. I've yet to attach the other one to my Nolan N103 but I hope the fit is better.

Will come back and share my impressions with it after I get back on Sunday evening.

Has anyone found that it periodically goes into "off" mode? I was riding with a buddy today, and after we paired up, we were using it. I don't believe we ended up in VOX mode, but it would periodically turn one of the units off. Pressing the button got it back working again, but this happened sometimes when we were silent, and sometimes while one or both of us were talking. Any suggestions?

No problems so far with mine. Only that it fits better on my Nolan N103 than it does on the Schuberth C3.

But my wife and I are enjoying using it and its making our rides together much more enjoyable. And even when I'm riding alone, its nice to have music on my journey to where ever I'm headed.

Glad I got it.

Got my Sena and have some questions for those that use or know of pairings with a Zumo 550 and IPhone4 and/or smartphone.

I've found that Iphone4 does not like to be paired to 2 devices. Unfortunately, Iphone does not have a setting that will let the user select bluetooth profiles for different devices. I was hoping that I could send the handsfree profile to Zumo and the A2DP profile to Sena which is possible but there seems to be some conflict.

Major skips while listening to internet radio (Pandora) via bluetooth. When I disconnect the Zumo (which removes Iphone pairing with it) all is well. Wired connection to Iphone4 is fine.

Unable to activate intercom from headset B. Can activate intercom from headset A. Disconnect Zumo and all is well.

Obviously I would like to hear internet radio on the Iphone via bluetooth stereo and have the Zumo in the mix as well. Is it possible? You Droid guys have this issue?

Also getting loud static crackles when going back to music from intercom. Is that normal?

Anyway to transfer a phone call from one headset to another?

Thanks,

Barry