SFO Report from cub reporter.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:blink: I guess I'll report the statistical data as Jeff (DBX) did yesterday:

Total miles driven: 1,288.4 miles

Gallons of 93 octane gas: 21.77 gallons

Total cost of gas: 64.65

lowest mpg: 35.64 mpg (lot's of 3rd gear between 5,000-8,000 rpm's)

highest mpg: 45.34 mpg (mostly interstate's @ 70-78 mph)

performance awards: 0 (only because the generous officer let me off with a....)

warnings: 1 (see above, and I was exceeding the speed limit by a good amount)

bear sightings: 1 on Talimena Highway, 3 on AR 7, 2 Arkansas and 3 Texas highway patrol on I-30,

1 Texas motorcycle cop on TX 75 on a Honda ST1300, 1 McKinney PD on 380, one

Wise County Sheriff on Hwy 380

meals: great

scenery: outstanding

roads: fantastic

company: couldn't have been better

accidents: NONE!!!

mechanical failures: NONE!!!

injuries: NONE!!!

flat tires: NONE!!! (just a couple of finishing nails in Beardo's rear tire that didn't go all the way through)

hotel accommodations: good, inexpensive and friendly

fun meter: PEGGED!!!

will I do this again?: Definitely, no doubt about it....except the part about the performance award or warnings!

Scott

Don,I truly enjoy old bridges. Could you please give more details of the location.

Thanks,

Al
Al.

Here is the MAP to the bridge location.

This is a closeup of the Historical Information Plaque.

IMG_0582.jpg

Enjoy,

Don

:blink: I guess I'll report the statistical data as Jeff (DBX) did yesterday:Total miles driven: 1,288.4 miles

bear sightings: 1 on Talimena Highway, 3 on AR 7, 2 Arkansas and 3 Texas highway patrol on I-30,

flat tires: NONE!!! (just a couple of finishing nails in Beardo's rear tire that didn't go all the way through)

will I do this again?: Definitely, no doubt about it....except the part about the performance award or warnings!

Scott
Ummm, Scott, I think your bears and my bear are a different species! :D Mine had black fur covering it's entire body and it was sitting at the left edge of the road as I rounded a curve. The sound of the bike caused it to get up and trot across the road and disappear into the forest on the right. I never rolled off the throttle, so it was probably good that it kept moving. :D

dbx

:blink: I guess I'll report the statistical data as Jeff (DBX) did yesterday:Total miles driven: 1,288.4 miles

Scott
Ummm, Scott, I think your bears and my bear are a different species! :D Mine had black fur covering it's entire body and it was sitting at the left edge of the road as I rounded a curve. The sound of the bike caused it to get up and trot across the road and disappear into the forest on the right. I never rolled off the throttle, so it was probably good that it kept moving. :D

dbx
:blink: Hey Jeff,

Don't know which one I'd rather avoid more...your furry kind that can cause all kinds of physical damage and heart palpitations or the kind I was looking out for that can cause all kinds of financial damage and heart palpitations.

Either way I'm glad we both avoided any major and lasting effects from those "bear" sightings.

Don,I truly enjoy old bridges. Could you please give more details of the location.

Thanks,

Al
Al.

This is a closeup of the Historical Information Plaque.

IMG_0582.jpg

Enjoy,

Don
Well I didn't get to go this time but hopefully I will get to in the spring ... The Carpenter's Bluff Bridge is only a few miles from my house, glad you found it. If you slide that map just a hair to the west and see the Grayson County Airport which was Parrin Air Force base originally Clicky, my house is spitting distance from it. I get to enjoy the acrobat planes a lot.

khrome

Al.

Enjoy,

Don
Well I didn't get to go this time but hopefully I will get to in the spring ... The Carpenter's Bluff Bridge is only a few miles from my house, glad you found it. If you slide that map just a hair to the west and see the Grayson County Airport which was Parrin Air Force base originally Clicky, my house is spitting distance from it. I get to enjoy the acrobat planes a lot.

khrome
Well....

On my route from Carpenter's Bluff to my home in Denton, I could have spit at your home. Not that I would..... :rolleyes:

I took 120 west thru Denison to FM1417, then south to Hwy56.

289 south to Celina and FM455.

Then FM428 to Aubrey and Rockhill Rd to US380 into Denton.

What is going on at the intersection of 1417 and 691?

There used to be a nice small diner style restaurant in the business strip that is now vacant.

khrome
Well....

On my route from Carpenter's Bluff to my home in Denton, I could have spit at your home. Not that I would..... :rolleyes:

I took 120 west thru Denison to FM1417, then south to Hwy56.

289 south to Celina and FM455.

Then FM428 to Aubrey and Rockhill Rd to US380 into Denton.

What is going on at the intersection of 1417 and 691?

There used to be a nice small diner style restaurant in the business strip that is now vacant.
Yea that place has changed hands a few times... I wish they would get something back in there, The whole intersection is being replaced and widened atm by tx dot. When you turned south on 1417 off of 691 and went about a half mile or so you crossed Plainview Rd that is where I turn west to go to my house and just after you passed that you saw a BIG Amercian Flag at Texas Electric Utilities on your left and to your right across the field you would have seen my house B) A couple friends and I road those same roads just a few weeks back to go eat at the The Prairie House ( clicky ) Also just so you know there is a new Eatery / Bar / Live music on fri and sat and some other days also near the intersection of 75 and 691 that is motorcycle style place called Loose Wheels I have been a few times and really like it, They have a pretty cool setup if you follow that link there are lots of pictures. Nice blues type band there this Saturday night, I will be there. If you ride a bike there you can go through the gates and park your bike right up around where everyone sits, which is kinda neat. No cover before 6pm. $5 after

khrome

khrome

:blink: Hello Al,

I've tried to send a couple of e-mails to you but I keep on getting

rejections; with the following replies: unknown or illegal alias,

STMP bounce back with mac.com

Scott

:blink: Hello Al,
I've tried to send a couple of e-mails to you but I keep on getting

rejections; with the following replies: unknown or illegal alias,

STMP bounce back with mac.com

Scott
Scott,

Frances and I really had a good time riding with you and the rest of the FJR riders. We look foward to some rides in the fall and the coming spring. You are welcome to stay with us at the cabin in the coming months when you want to ride Arkansas along with any of the others.

Best regards,

Tony

:blink: WOW!

Tony and Francis, your both the best, not only do you run a top notch Yamaha Dealership;

great prices, great customer support after the sale, have a great bunch of mechanics who

do a thorough job on my bikes, and willing to answer questions, and you folks can ride

two up on a FJR and still leave the rest of us wondering where you went or how you all

make those corners at warp speed.

Your fun to be with, informative, supportive and you are to be commended in your

generosity with all the things you have donated to be given away @ our SFO gatherings.

I look forward to many rides with you both in the future and may just take you up on

your offerings of hospitality @ the new mansion on the river.

In case some of you on the FJR forum are unfamiliar with Tony O. he is a Yamaha dealer

(Yamaha Sportsenter in Longview, TX) and has sold many of the FJR owners their fun

toys over the years at a VERY GOOD PRICE and puts all the do dads you want so when

you pick up the bike, it's ready to go.

I had Tony and his organization install my sliders, extra 12V outlets and wiring, tech-

mount and hardwire my GPS etc, etc., and everything was top notch and professionaly

installed, no loose wires, all clean and bundled.

I've even driven over 200 miles to have him service the bike and put new tires on in

preparation for some long distance trips.

Folks, so often we come across dealers that dont' know what is going on or their own

product line, let alone give us good service after the sale.

We really need to support and draw attention to the ones that shine and Tony and his

organization is one of those rare diamonds in those piles of coal.

Scott

I couldn't agree more with everything Scott has said about Tony and his dealership. I'm hoping to pick up an '08 in December from him. To the rest of you folks that made it to SFO, I am so jealous. Reading through this thread brought back so many good memories of the year before. Those of us in the DFW area should think about maybe getting together for some coffee and a morning ride before too long.

I couldn't agree more with everything Scott has said about Tony and his dealership. I'm hoping to pick up an '08 in December from him. To the rest of you folks that made it to SFO, I am so jealous. Reading through this thread brought back so many good memories of the year before. Those of us in the DFW area should think about maybe getting together for some coffee and a morning ride before too long.
oooooo....your getting a black one? very cool marcos!!! can't wait to see it!

:blink: Hey Marcos,

Good to hear from you...except I guess I'm in a time warp with my job...

I see you totaled the 06...what happened and obviously your OK, thank God.

Would love to get together with you all, but my job is like is so crazy, I literally

don't know when I'll be home or not.

If you all get something going, keep me in the loop.

Scott