Shad/Givi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaoler

Reaction score
Do SHAD top cases use a proprietary mount or can they be used with a GIVI monokey/monolock plate...?

Looking around the intertoobs can't seem to find a pic of how exactly the SHAD case mates to a plate.

Proprietary, My SH45 came with an adapter plate that's more or less universal. The little bugger has a lot of holes for mounting options. Worked on my VFR800 (with Shad top box mount) and also on the factory rack on my FJR. Would probably work on the Givi. I've also found Shad's tech support to be reasonable good.

Thanks FrankD,

I think I'll just stick with a GIVI topper as I've already ordered the SR357 rack... 'Just seems up here in Canuckistan the selection of available cases, either GIVI or SHAD is somewhat slim.

Everything I like is out of stock or backordered...

With some work a SHAD mount can be adapted/retrofitted to a Givi SR357. Gixxerjasen has done this and there are pics and info on here somewhere...

With the Givi there are two "mounts" that the top box latches onto. One for the Monokey and one for the Monolock series.

With the SHAD there are multiple mounts and they follow no pattern that I could follow. For instance, the SH 50 case had one mount and the SH39 a different mount. Either mount would bolt to the SHAD adaptor.

IMO the SHAD latches are more user friendly but for the FJR, the SR357 mount makes buying the Givi the better option.

Oh yeah... I NEVER have anything I order from the US shipped to my door.

Getting raped on brokerage fees isn't my thing...

I have US addresses I use for stuff like this... One in NY and one in MI.