Shad SH-50 with Givi SR357 on Gen III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

for_the_roads

Reaction score
I installed the Givi SR357 on my Gen 3 last Sunday and it went in like a charm. The shad SH-50 was delivered Tuesday evening and I put it on today. It fit and looks great. I used the supplied mounting bolts, the longer ones, the little red plastic spacer kind of things with the U shaped aluminum fasteners. Additionally I also threw in some wider washers over the itty bitty supplied ones and added blue locktite. She looks great. Got a couple of hundred miler coming up this Sunday and will test load the SH50 moderately.

I wonder if those little red plastic thingies will crack over time, the longitudinal stress from the screw is supported on both ends, but the lateral stress coming from the conical bolt head pushing flush against the plastic, and it is unsupported. Bothers me just a tab bit. Please comment if you have experience regarding this.

pics?
rolleyes.gif

I need to get back with pics, for a question as technical as this, I agree that the pics are essential. Haven't had the chance to get to that.

You should know, we don't care about answering your questions, we just want to see that sweet bike with that sweet bag on it, and we'd like it with some of that sweet Oregon scenery in it.
biggrin.png

I just did the same install and did not need the plastic pieces. Basically:

1. Remove OEM plastic grab bars.

2. Install SR357 with supplied hardware.

3. Mount the steel shad universal mounting plate to SR357. I used the GIVI mounting hardware with the steel spacers and rubber spacer and rubber washer. The holes aligned perfectly.

4. Install Shad plastic bracket to the Shad universal mounting bracket.

The top case apperas to be in the same front/rear position as the Shad mounting setup. I can't tell if the vertical position is the same. When my girlfriend comes over I`ll haver her sit on it and report on the position.

Overall I'm happy with the added support f the SR357.

When my girlfriend comes over I`ll haver her sit on it and report on the position.
Seriously?
What i meant is for her to comment on if the sh50 interferes with her comfort. Regardless, its not coming off the bike.

I know some passengers lean on the top case, she has been instructed not to and follows orders very well. I am hoping the top case does not push on her back which could stress the mounting points.

I saw Steve's Shad case on his bike sans 357 rack. That case looks a lot better than my Givi and has me on the hunt for one. When I finally get it, I'll have to refer to this thread for spacer/mounting info.

Latest posts