SHAD SH50 Top Case, Blue Color

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone ~

I recently purchased my 2006 FJR1300 in Cobalt Blue from my buddy. He kept it in immaculate shape. I am now wanting to replace the OEM Top Case for a SHAD 50 Top Case. I want to buy it with the Blue accent top cover but not sure how well it matches. Anyone have any pics of theirs or know if it is pretty darn close or not.

Michael C.

San Jose, CA

I had contacted Shad regarding whether their case matched the Cobalt blue of my 2012. Their recommendation was that for an exact match I should purchase a primed panel and have someone paint it using Colorite paint. They also thought I would be very happy with the standard matte black on the Cobalt blue. To date I've done neither.

@ rzullo8377 - Thank You for the comparison picture. That isn't too bad at all. After all it's going to sit high on the bike. Better than the Flat Black. Thanks for helping me make a informed decision.

Michael

FWIW I have a SHAD SH50 with the gloss black top and it is a very well made case. I prefer its mechanism over the Givi V46 because the lid does not have to be locked each time. However, it is HEAVY. I found it to be much too heavy. I never even considered installing it on my FJR, it is collecting dust on my bedroom floor.

Use mine every day.

I did break my subframe, so there's that. It's now sitting on a GIVI rack.

I fabbed up the ugliest custom bracket conversion ever to get my Shad on my Givi. But you can't see it so who cares. but it does work and it's pretty freaking solid.