SHAD Top Case SH48 or SH50?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer8

Reaction score
I'm ready to order my first trunk for my FJR and want to go with the Shad SH48, I see many reviews for shad 50 but not many about the 48.

Found a good discount on their facebook page but I am curious on passengers comfort, which case should I get?

I really like my Shad 48 on my '03. Don't carry passengers so no comment there. I've got it on a Givi rack and really like the features and price. The 48 has a lot of room and 50 just didn't make sense for the extra cost.

P1030088.jpg

1102120958.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Day,

Can you give some information on the GIVI rack. Make model, were did you purchase it? How much weight can it carry? Is the position of the top case changable? I have been looking for a good strong replacement but can't seem to find one. Oh year Gen II (2007).

Glenn

I really like my Shad 48 on my '03. Don't carry passengers so no comment there. I've got it on a Givi rack and really like the features and price. The 48 has a lot of room and 50 just didn't make sense for the extra cost.

1102120958.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: