Shad Trunk/Top Boxes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the SH-46 - not super big, but big enough for 2 helmets - or my laptop, which is what it get's used for daily.

Also, the blue is an absolutely perfect match for my '05. I can only imagine the black would match yours.

I would highly recommend getting the mount made for the FJR and not settling for the "universal", which is just a bag of little metal pieces.

I really like mine.

I've got the SH-45, but wish I'd gone with the 46. I can't fit 2 Scorpion EX-700 helmets in the 45, just a tad too small. Other helmets might work, IDK. Definately get the Shad bracket that bolts to the tail, it's very sturdy and you can remove the case one handed in 10 seconds. I've never had a topcase before so can't compare it Givi, etc., but I'm very happy with the Shad's quality and ease of use. The wife unit likes it for backrest/security purposes...

Just purchased the Shad SH50 from this site...... https://adventuremotousa.com/. Ask for a very helpful guy named Claudio with any questions. Got the Top Master rack to go with it for a more secure mount and the virgin top plate to paint black cherry to match the rest of the bike. ColorRite has the exact match of paint.

I got the SH46 from Adventure Moto USA, like Tesla. I bought it when I had my 05 and got the perfectly matched blue top panel. When I got my 09, I ordered the gloss black top panel to match the bike and I got the Top Master rack to mount it on the 09. I just looked and they sell the SH50, so I'm sure they'll have the SH50 Top Master bracket for the FJR. As Tesla says, just give Claudio a call, he is a great guy to work with.

Anyone having trouble with the top plate being less than secure? It snaps on but it doesn't look to be very solid. Seems that it could vibrate loose after a while.

I have the Shad50 Ordered from my local dealer. Thought the Shad FJR mounting plat was a little cheezy for the money and have contemplated manufacturing my own. I may be going another, custom, route and putting the shad50 on the market. Lots of room though.

Just purchased the Shad SH50 from this site...... https://adventuremotousa.com/. Ask for a very helpful guy named Claudio with any questions. Got the Top Master rack to go with it for a more secure mount and the virgin top plate to paint black cherry to match the rest of the bike. ColorRite has the exact match of paint.
Gotta go look at that Top Master rack... thanks!Edit: Hmmmm... can't find this on their site. :( Either it or I am not working right! :dribble:

Anyone having trouble with the top plate being less than secure? It snaps on but it doesn't look to be very solid. Seems that it could vibrate loose after a while.
I've been waiting 2 years for my top plate to come in. :( but IIRC, the plate is 'spossed to be attached with 4 screws from within.

No wait! Those covers suck! will definitely come loose. Better sell it to me cheap! It is painted already, right! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite sure what you're talking about, but the bracket bolts to the tail with 4 bolts that replace the stockers and then the plate attaches with 4 small bolts with nylock nuts. No way they're going to vibrate loose. You could always put some locktite on for extra piece of mind.

Last edited by a moderator: