Shamelessly Seeking Donations For My Walk in support of

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks to everyone who donated and sent well wishes. Looks like our "Team Jordan" has raised close to $9,000.00 so far for the Wounded Warrior Project. :clapping: :yahoo:

A huge Thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wounded Warrior Project Soldier Ride in memory of Jordan. It was a resounding success with "Team Jordan" raising over $9300.00 and all teams cumulatively raising over $34,000.00!!!! After seeing the courage, commitment, and perseverance of the troops that were participating, many of them severely injured amputees, I don't think I'm ever going to complain about how difficult it is to ride a bicycle long distances again....The riders were joined by Matthew Modine who later joined everyone for photos and chat. Here are a couple of pics...

DSCF2871.jpg

Getting ready to cycle 34 miles.....

DSCF2883.jpg

This is where they cycled to, Montauk NY

DSCF2608.jpg

Modine and the Soldier Ride troops. He's the one with the "colorful" shoes sitting down.

DSCF2899.jpg

DSCF2903.jpg

Modine with a bunch of the crew that were blocking side roads. All of them were Marines.

DSCF2895.jpg

This last picture is of Michelle and I with Dylan Desilva taken last week in Yarmouth, MA where we helped package over 100 care packages for the troops. The outside of each package was labeled with a picture of Jordan in his gear with the words "Always Stand and Fight". Dylan is 15 years old and he started Cape Cod For the Troops when he was 12 years old. Since then he has sent out over 3000 packages personally, supplied entire orphanages and schools with supplies, etc....Amazing kid....Talk to him for 15 minutes and you will be inspired for the rest of your life. This kid needs to be recognized and thanked for everything he has done.

DSC_0037.jpg