SHARING AUX. LIGHTS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I was transferring my GPS from the FJR to my Dakar for a recent trip, when a thought came

to mind. Wondering if I could "Share" Aux. lights between the bikes. I have not yet decided

on the specific lights I want yet. (Leaning towards LED) Does anyone here "Share Lights"?

Can it be done? Have both bikes pre-wired and mounting brackets for some type of plug n' play

method? I am currently getting the FJR ready to rally next year but as the miles creep up I

am leaning towards another FJR in the stable... It just seems like a waste ($) to try and put

Aux. lights on 3 bikes... :huh:

Don't see why not. I'd just run the wiring and use a waterproof type connector on each bike. Attach the male end to your auxillary lights and then use the female connector on each of your motorcycles (or vise versa). Tuck them up and out of the way when not in use.

Easy to pick up some 2 position waterproof connectors, like the ones from Jim at Eastern Beaver.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, the Clearwater Kristas have a screwed together plug-in connector about a foot back from the lights. It's a simple disconnect. Undo the light-to-bracket bolts, unscrew the connector, done. You'd definitely need separate mounts, of course, or you'd be pulling off plastic panels to remove the mirrors to free the mounts. No reason it wouldn't work, though, as long as you had an extra connection wired into both.