shelf above instrument panel?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversvs

Reaction score
I picked up a used 05 last week. The previous owner handed me a metal piece that he states is a shelf to go above the instrument panel. Anyone have info on how it mounts or photos of one in place? It has a long triangular piece that looks like it bolts to a fairing screw located just below the center of the windscreen, but the other mounting holes don't make sense. Any help?

I know of two paople who make dash shelves for the FJR. I have the Top Gun ECM shelf sold by FjrGoodies.com. It comes with a couple of small arms that go from the back corners of the shelf to the dash mounting points with longer screws and plastic sleeves to use as spacers to hold the arms above the dash. If you have all the hardware and still can't figure it out I'll take some pictures and post them up.

I know of two paople who make dash shelves for the FJR. I have the Top Gun ECM shelf sold by FjrGoodies.com. It comes with a couple of small arms that go from the back corners of the shelf to the dash mounting points with longer screws and plastic sleeves to use as spacers to hold the arms above the dash. If you have all the hardware and still can't figure it out I'll take some pictures and post them up.

Thanks, it is the top gun shelf. Unfortunately I was not given the two little arms that drop down to the dash mounts. That was why I couldn't figure out how it mounts.

Thanks again.