Shift indicator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbart

Reaction score
Hi,I have a 1 wk. old 2009 AE with 308mi. on it.This afternoon,the bike fails to start and the ycc-s shift indicator light flashes w/o a code #.Is there a possible quick fix or do I have to take it back to the dealer?

Hi,I have a 1 wk. old 2009 AE with 308mi. on it.This afternoon,the bike fails to start and the ycc-s shift indicator light flashes w/o a code #.Is there a possible quick fix or do I have to take it back to the dealer?
Check the simple stuff first. Not in gear with the kickstand down? Brake is on? Not trying to be insulting, it's easy to do.

Sorry - strike that. You said it will not start, hence 0 RPM - just a tad slow.

Check that your hand brake lever turns on the break light. If not, then it will not start.

Brodie

Last edited by a moderator:

Checked the simple stuff.Kick stand up,kick stand switch not stuck,main switch on.Tried hand brake and foot brake to start.disconnected - reconnected battery.Still won't start.

Problem solved I think.I believe I may have left the key in the on position while installing a tankslapper thereby draining the battery.Jump started from my car and all is well now.