Shoei Multitec Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Nolan did you have. I now have the Nolan N102 flip-up and it's terrible. I'm also looking at Scorpion helmet.

I got my Shoei Multitec today and went for a short ride, only 100 miles. The first thing I noticed was that it is way quieter than my Nolan and HJC flip helmets. This is the first helmet that I have owned that the vents actually pull some air thru the helmet. The fit is excellent, I normally wear an XL but a Large fit me perfectly. The weight of the helmet is good. There was some very minor breath fogging on the lower part of the visor when I stopped but as soon as I started moving the fogging went away. My other two helmets had tendancy to lift when my windscreen was all the down. The Shoei stayed steady and seemed to cut thru the wind better. I never thought I would spend that much for a helmet but it is worth every penny. :yahoo:

I took a peak at it at my local bmw dealer. Best fit and finsih I've seen. The large seemed too tight and the xl was a little loose. Not sure what to do...I guess I'll stick with my Nolan for now.
My local helmet expert told me that if you take 10 of the exact same helmets and try each one of them on, there will be about 3 or 4 different fits. Maybe you should keep trying on helmets until you find one that is just right. Just a thought.

The fit is excellent, I normally wear an XL but a Large fit me perfectly.
That's what the rep told me at the show and my fitting confirmed that, too. So, is it half as quiet, 2x's, what? That's my next choice for a lid, but only if it is a lot quieter than my RF1000
I just got a Multitec. I've been wearing an RF1000 for the last few years. I find the Multitec to be only slightly noisier than the RF1000, and certainly not objectionably so, and the RF1000 has a reputation as one of the quieter helmets in current production. This is based on a back-to back ride -- I rode to the store in my RF1000 and out of there in a new Multitec. However, this is not based on FJR time, I was riding my V-Strom with a "shorty" windshield on it.

FWIW, my RF1000 was a size M, which fit me well and I always found it comfortable. I ended up in a size M Multitec as well. Based on comments on various forums I was not willing to buy one until I had a chance to try one on, which finally happened today. The one they had on the shelf was an L and it was too big, so they brought out an M, which fits me perfectly. I suppose my head must be shaped reasonably close to whatever form Shoei uses as a reference.

-Uwe-

Last edited by a moderator: