• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Shoei Multitec Modular on Closeout! [MotorcycleGear.Com]

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice price but! Even at that price it's not worth the price. The pivot assemblies that the face shield pivots on are notoriously weak and break every couple of months. You'll need to buy new ones at $20 a pop and I was told they were going to discontinue making the pivot assemblies because of the NeoTec replacing the MultiTec. The Noetec addressed the issue by making the pivot assemblies bullet proof. Just a heads up! Buy one if you want one.
no.gif

I've had a Multitech for over 2 years.....zero problems, no part replacements. I have been very happy with it. I did buy a Neo last fall cause I really wanted the flip down sunvisor. I like Shoei mainly cause it happens to be the best fit on my head.

Damn! was it just me?! I must have been jinxed. Those things lasted a couple of months and the Right hand side one cracked in the same spot. This was verified to me by the guy behind the counter at Cycle Gear. He had a box of replacements that Shoei sent him to give out free to customers because of the problem. He gave me a hand full (5) because I was a VIP customer. I asked him for more but, he said he had to keep some for his other customers with the same problem.

How often did you guys lift your faceshield? I opened mine up all the time. At every red light and all day long for air to cool me down at a stop. Maybe that was the problem but, A Whole lot of people were dealing with the same thing! You Lucky Bastards!
smile.png

At least three years, never a problem. I lift the shield all the time, like you do. Love the Multitec for fit and comfort. Never heard of this problem before either. I'm thinking it's the jinx.

Great price on 'em too, BTW. Thx to Niehart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I've been lucky too. Nary a failure or issue in 4 years and about 80,000 miles with my Multitec. I'd classify myself as a regular visor mover including regular swaps of dark and clear visors.

I also bought a Neo because of the reasons Niehart listed, plus better airflow, slightly quieter, and fully removable liner. I'm drafting up a blog article about it and will post probably next week after it's delivered.

Ignacio, I chimed in on another threat about the air flow on the NeoTec. It's amazing. I can't believe the amount of air that passes through. Worth every penny!
smile.png

I have a multitec for now two years, no problems at all a good helmet and worth the money. The helmet is of superior quality fits nicely, on my Gixxer I feel some buffeting, yet that is to be expected but compared to my Scorpion EXO 900, this helmet under the same conditions doesn't produce that. I love my modular helmets either way and would go for a Shoei any time again.

At current I'm on the trip to want to own a Schuberth C3, the only thing which has prevented me from jumping the gun is the retail price......

But their prices for the Multitec are really good!

V

RPK

Nice price but! Even at that price it's not worth the price. The pivot assemblies that the face shield pivots on are notoriously weak and break every couple of months. You'll need to buy new ones at $20 a pop and I was told they were going to discontinue making the pivot assemblies because of the NeoTec replacing the MultiTec. The Noetec addressed the issue by making the pivot assemblies bullet proof. Just a heads up! Buy one if you want one.
no.gif

WTF?!?!?!

You're a moron! You operate technical equipment for your job and you can even operate a quality helmet without breaking it? Aye Carumba!

no.gif
I've had a Multi-Tec for several years, having previously used Nolan and HJC modular helmets. I had a lot of trouble with the Nolan, which shed parts in the wind .... but neither the HJC nor the Shoei ever gave any trouble of any kind. I have a bunch of helmets, and tend to pick one to go with the particular bike, so the one I'm presently wearing has probably seen about 24,000 miles over the course of 3 seasons. I know that's not much use compared to many posters here, but its enough use to suggest that, at least my sample is a good one.

Nevertheless, the next modular I buy will be the Neo-Tec. I really like having the retractable sun shield, and I miss that feature with the Multi-Tec.

Another owner of 4-5 years & no issues. I like the helmet. It's not a good cold weather helmet because of the fact that it flows so much air.

About the price... I bought mine brandy spanking new (no closeout) for about $50 more than that price.

Picked up a Multitec on this closeout to replace my HJC with the integrated visor - which I hated!

I've owned lots of Shoei's over the years and am looking forward to putting lots of miles on this one too!

I would love to pick up one at that price to replace my aging and worn HJC IS-Max..... Unfortunately I just noticed the following restriction while trying to purchase one.... "Please Note: We can ship Shoei products to addresses in the 50 US states only (per manufacturer’s restrictions)." ....... dang..... if your a Canuck. Probably for the best as I should just pony up a few more $ for the Neo.

Iggy I will be looking forward to your review of the Neo. If I am going to make a move, I should do it before the snow melts to permit an early "break-in" to determine if there are any "hot spots" while wearing...