Shoei Multitech

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these yet? I've read a couple of reviews. Tried it on. Seems to fit me well, but I'm wondering

if it's quiet. I don't want to make a $446 mistake. All input appreciated. Yes, I DID use the search first...

First, do not pay $446 for the helmet. Give Parts411.com a call, not a online order, but pick up the phone and call.

Link

Take a look at the phone code. You will notice the phone code is 347.0000. I paid $347.00 for my lid with free shipping.

I have not used anything but a flip-up helmet for the last six years. The Multitech is the best flip-up to date. The helmet is quiet compared to the other flip-ups I have used in the past.

Hope this helps.

***Edit***

Review

Review 2

Last edited by a moderator:
John T is correct on the best place to get that helmet, that's where I got mine.

I like the helmet but I am not super convinced it is the right helmet for me.

First, while I have no ther flip ups to compare to it seems rather noisy to me, my opinion. And after flying planes for thirty years my hearing is less than steller, I also went to a few too many rock concerts so it's hard to say (or hear).

And at first I thought that a flip up would be very convient, I never seem to use that particular feature. It seems that I just don't need it.

So while the price link, from John T, is definately the way to go, the other info is just my opinion.

I wish there was a way to test ride helmets, good luck!

Thanks guys for the info and feedback. Especially the review #2 (from this forum), and the hookup for

a better price! Why doesn't this forum accept contributions? Yes, being able to test drive helmets would

be great. I've got three now that I can't wear.

GUNNY! Parts411.com

I just got a SHOEI X11 for $419 shipped to my house last week - BTW SHOEI X11 is an awesome helmet - have an RF1000 that I liked but X11 is the nuts (of course it's SHOEI's flagship helmet) haven't tried the Multi-tech - but the difference between Rf-1000 and X11 is HUGE! X11 is much quiter, great fit, and has a fully removeable liner (rf1000 only the cheek pads are removeable).

Modulars are usually more noisy than standard full-face helmets.

My wife, who is very demanding when it comes to her gear, has a Multitec and loves it. Try the Multitec. If it fits, then buy it.

I recently purchased the Multitech shortly after buying the FJR; compared to my last full-face (shark) it is actually quieter but it is not noise-free (course the last BIKE was a lot noisier). There is a slight whistle at certain speeds. I have yet to install the "whisper" feature which is an elastic skirt that goes around your neck, because I need the ventilation. I find the flip lid convenient when stopped at a light, or going in to pay for gas, or putting the lid on or off with glasses on, though I never ride with it open.

I bought mine from my local dealer who let me take it for a spin!!! I geuss he was pretty confident I would buy it.

B) Overall very satisfied.

I purchased a Multitec awhile back from 411 parts and really like it. I also have a 5 year old X11 that is very nice also. I personally like the flip for talking to my wife at stops or fueling up with helmet on. For me noise was about the same. Venting is also pretty equal on both. So I would highly recommend it You can't lose either way!

Ken.

I got a Multi-Tec mid-summer and really like it. Also have HJC flipface and couldn't stand it. Fit is everthing? Modular helmets tend to be noisier, but I'll accept the noise for the convenience.

The Multitech is my third modular helmet. Sold the Schuberth right away and had a HJC Symax for about three years. The Multitech is much quieter with better fit and finish. Still, it is noiser than my RF-900 which I prefer for weekend rides with the boys. Bought the Mulitech for my LD rides and endurance rallies.

If you've made the decision that you have to have a flip-up, and you like Shoeis, this is the helmet to get. But unless you smoke or want to be able to eat something without removing your helmet, think long and hard about your need for a modular. My Mulitech is really my second choice.

Paul Peloquin

IBA #333

I purchase today a RF-11 from parts411.com for................... $411.00

I got the solid color white and will paint some other color later.

I'll give a ride report when able.

Searched hard for a proper fit to replace my HJC Symax, which was about 5 years old and was starting to get loose. No real complaints about the Symax except that it was loud. Tried almost everybody elses on and the Multi-tec fit and I got the $347 deal. I have about 1500 miles on it now and have no complaints. It's still noisier than either of my full faces, but I wear ear plugs or the i-pod anyway. I need to go to the larger cheek pads to take care of a little looseness. I'd give it an 8. Never had a 10.

My Multitech just arrived today. $347 from Parts 411 with free shipping. Ordered it Wednesday afternoon and it was at my door when I got home today :yahoo:

My Multitech just arrived today. $347 from Parts 411 with free shipping. Ordered it Wednesday afternoon and it was at my door when I got home today :yahoo:
I just ordered one today, the price is now $342 from Parts 411. Over $150 less than a local stealer's best price.

Dick Meyer

I also bought from Parts411. I came from a HJC Symax. Truth be told, the Symax fit me better... but I am sure that it's just "my" head. Didn't know that you can get larger pads. The helmet really isn't loose but could be just a tad tighter. I might be interested in trying those.

Where the noise is concerned... I think that it's at least as loud as the HJC. & it is definitely louder than a regular full face. The venting? This definitely had the best venting of any other helmet that I've owned.

Heidi

I would consider getting one of these, but it's impossible to find locally, and I'd hate to mail order one and find out it does not fit. I have a size large HJC that fits quite snugly. Is there anyone that has moved from a large HJC to a Multitech that can give me an idea about sizes?