Shoei Neotec | Opening/Closing the Visor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

Reaction score
Shoei Neotec Black

Lately I'm having trouble opening and closing the visor. Before this happened, the shield would open and close pretty smoothly going through the 'clicks'. Now I literally have to brace my neck before opening up the visor. I check the hinge. Seems ok. Clean. No dust. No obstruction.

Anything else I should look at to get it back to how it was?

Was the shield removed and possibly reinstalled incorrectly? I don't have a Shoei Neotec, but have been wearing Shoeis for 30 + years with no shield issues. Just a thought.

Was the shield removed and possibly reinstalled incorrectly? I don't have a Shoei Neotec, but have been wearing Shoeis for 30 + years with no shield issues. Just a thought.
I had removed, cleaned, reinstalled after this problem started. This didn't help though.

Nope
uhoh.gif
fool.gif

That too shall be done.

Thanks

Probably not related (hopefully for you), but I was having trouble with mine and found out there was a developing crack not in the visor, but the chin bracket near the hinge. In my case though it was also affecting the opening and closing of the whole piece...not just the visor.

My personal experience when this happened to me was I didn't get the visor on correctly. With my old

RF1200 shoei you knew right away if the visor was not on right. It would almost fall off. It certainly would have flown off at speed.

My neo-tec got hard to open and close, just the visor, not the whole front. Visor looked like it was

installed properly but the lower tab on one side was not quite in there. I removed the visor and

reinstalled and it's fine now. I find it a bit harder to get on right then my old Shoei. It's very

easy for me to think I have it installed but find that bottom tab not seated properly. It feels secure, doesn't rattle. You can even ride with it that way, without it blowing off. Well, at least I got

away with it on that ride.

Now I install the visor in bright light. Eyes aren't what they use to be.

Here is another possible cause.. do you have a bluetooth headset that has any part of it pushed up inside the helmet ? I have a Cardo SHO1. I find that I need to mount it with the sun visor down or it interferes. Not sure why but the sun visor works just fine when I install this way. I didn't realize what it was until I pulled the cardo off to send my helmet back to Shoei for repairs. Glad I tested ONE MORE TIME before I shipped it.