Show me your tank bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nelson Riggs CL-350, purchased locally for about a hunnert bucks. Map pocket on top, side pockets, rain cover, removable carry strap. 17 liters when the bottom zipper is opened for full expansion.

I usually push it a little bit forward of where it sits shown here, but with my risers, if it's too far forward I can hit the kill switch against it in a tight parking-lot turn.

DSC03339.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't remember the name of the manufacturer but the guy at NAFO in Denver had some kick ass bags. With electronics, the whole works.

I believe RKA was at NAFO...

Clicky

I let them use my 06 to figure out where the straps would go for the brief time I was there. Their stuff is nice, but not my cup of tea, they do have a nifty solution for getting power to the bag and connecting all your dash shit to the bag so it essentially becomes one plug, pull the bag and all your shit goes into the hotel with you.

Your GPS, Radar detector, ipod, everything.

Any of you have pics of yamaha bags on your bikes? Opinions on these bags? Yamaha has a couple that don't look too big, one expandable one not. I currently have a Rapid Transit on the Strom now but it's zippers are zapped.
Specifically this guy or this guy.

Link

Thanks,

James
I like the Axio Tankbag for looks and convenience. There is a thread discussing this and I excerpt below some pictures I took:

Tankbag attached high on the tank:

DSC01860Small.jpg

High on the tank, the bag interferes with full lock as shown in the following two pictures:

DSC01861Small.jpg

DSC01862Small.jpg

The following picture shows the tankbag as low on the tank as it can reasonably go:

DSC01863Small.jpg

In this position, full lock just contacts the handlebars:

DSC01866Small.jpg

DSC01867Small.jpg

With the large tank and the way the handlebars are swept back (mine are at the stock position), it seems that this will be a problem with all but the tiniest tankbag. Are there any good sized tankbags out there that do not contact the bars at full lock?

I have a smallish Nelson-Riggs bag (MG-950). Magnetic, Map holder on top. A little expanable. Plenty of room for what I need to shove in there.

P1000004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of you have pics of yamaha bags on your bikes? Opinions on these bags? Yamaha has a couple that don't look too big, one expandable one not. I currently have a Rapid Transit on the Strom now but it's zippers are zapped.
Specifically this guy or this guy.

Link

Thanks,

James
I just ordered one, should be in any day now, when I get it I'll let you know how I like it.
I just picked it up last night, not to impressed with it kinda small, not worth the money.

I use the Joe Rocket Manta XL Magnetic Tank Bag. Big enough to keep a helmet face sheild in but small enough to not hit the handle bars.

New Enough has them on sale for under $55.00 bucks.

I have the Engage standard not the XL from twisted throttle- sw mototech

IMGP0454.jpg

IMGP0452.jpg

IMGP0451.jpg

IMGP0478-1.jpg

This bag has the fuel filler ring attachment that is easy off and easy on.