Show Us Yours!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't want to see mine. A few years ago I won a "messiest garage" contest. <_<
You know they have a show called Garage Takeover where they come out and redo your garage. Perhaps you should show them your already a certified candidate for the show and have someone else take care of it for you! :D

Here's mine!!!Its 24'-46'.I love tools and gadgets, BIG air comp. tig welder,mig, nomar tire changer,parns wheel balancer,direct lift, parts washer,drill press, ice cold fridg for cold drinks, BIG posters, HOT chicks, and my 1981 suzuki PE400X post vintage racer. Am I braggin...Hell yes...I am just glad I have a great wife that says if you can pay for it..buy it.. :D :D :D :D Plus my two best friends Rocky, and Pete(black tri) my aussi shepards..O one more thing, it is protected by Brinks, and Smith&Wesson :bleh:

ajw2md.jpg

ajw3f8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved to SoCal from the Northeast. One of the first things I noticed is the amount of cars parked in driveways and curb sides. When one of these homes has the garage door up it becomes evident that Californians are friggin' pack rats and never toss anything out. Most of the garages here are packed so full of life's unwanted and unused miscellany that they're bursting at the seams.
TWN:

I too came from the NE to San Diego in 1985. One thing to remember about the homes back there is that they all probably had a basement. Something you can't get here. The basement was/is the equivalent of the garage for most Californians, and I dare say that there are many basements that look like your neighbors garage.

BTY, passed through Santa Barbara on the FJR Friday on the way to Solvang for the weekend. Traffic on the 101 sucked, but the 154, as always, is a nice ride. Couldn't talk the group into the 192 in the foothills.

I moved to SoCal from the Northeast. One of the first things I noticed is the amount of cars parked in driveways and curb sides. When one of these homes has the garage door up it becomes evident that Californians are friggin' pack rats and never toss anything out. Most of the garages here are packed so full of life's unwanted and unused miscellany that they're bursting at the seams.
TWN:

I too came from the NE to San Diego in 1985. One thing to remember about the homes back there is that they all probably had a basement. Something you can't get here. The basement was/is the equivalent of the garage for most Californians, and I dare say that there are many basements that look like your neighbors garage.

BTY, passed through Santa Barbara on the FJR Friday on the way to Solvang for the weekend. Traffic on the 101 sucked, but the 154, as always, is a nice ride. Couldn't talk the group into the 192 in the foothills.
Ah, quite true gwasshoppa! Big difference though, was that you had to carry your shit up and down stairs, usually tight, turning ones at that. Tended to make people wanna toss stuff rather that schlep it up and down stairs.

The group was prolly wise not to venture on the 192... With all the through traffic on the 101, locals are not only taking the Frontage road, but the 'mid' back way and 'back' back way (192, aka, the 101 By Pass) to navigate through town. Consequently, riding on the 192 tends to be slow and aggravating.

The MZ was given to a friend with a promise of first dibs if he want to release it into the wild again. Now there's an '05 FZ6 to replace the V-Star 1100 that just never seemed at home.

TheTexascollectionsmall.jpg

Thom

I've been noticing the garages peeking out from behind many of the bikes being posted. So let's see the whole garage and let us know what you've done and what's left to do. Can we farkle garages?

Here's mine with the former fleet:

IMG_0563.jpg

What's left?

*Finish sheetrock, paint walls

*Epoxy or vinyl tile floor

*Spray ceiling/rafters white

*Run extra lights and electrical

*Add air compressor

*Design, order and install custom casework

*Hang posters and artwork

*Rebuild the fleet

*Meet St. Peter

Next...
I've been noticing the garages peeking out from behind many of the bikes being posted. So let's see the whole garage and let us know what you've done and what's left to do. Can we farkle garages?

Here's mine with the former fleet:

IMG_0563.jpg

What's left?

*Finish sheetrock, paint walls

*Epoxy or vinyl tile floor

*Spray ceiling/rafters white

*Run extra lights and electrical

*Add air compressor

*Design, order and install custom casework

*Hang posters and artwork

*Rebuild the fleet

*Meet St. Peter

Next...
Sadly, Tim did accomplish the last item on the list.