Shurberth C3 owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I'm concidering the Shuberth C3, but as you all know its not the cheapest helmet in the world. So for those of you that own this fine helmet is it worth the money would you do it again?

If money were no concern, I would do it again.

I own a Schuberth C3 and it's been a good helmet.

Unfortunately, money is a concern for me. I've been kicking myself for spending so much on a helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a C3 since the beginning of the riding season here (Calgary) and I would absolutely buy another one. It's quiet, got a built visor, pin lock, and it's light. Well worth the money to me.

The catch is that the internal shape of the helmet is not very forgiving if your head isn't the right shape.

Otherwise awesome helmet - call me a C3 fanboy!

Ian

I sure hope so, I just ordered one. I wented one in silver to match the silver under the tank but found out the xl size is 90 days out on delievery. It should be in my hands wed. or thur. next week.

I'll let the form know what I think compaired to the nolan 102 thats what I have now. My son-in-law ordered one also so I'll get his comments too he uses a shoei mult tec now.

Ask John Coons, from this years Iron But Rally. he bought a C3 a few weeks before the rally, and his crash. I bet he is damn glad he spent the money. Protective riding gear is the one item my wife lets me spend as much money as I want on, no questions asked. "If you have a $10 brain, buy a $10 helmet." And no, I don't have a C3, but I do own a $600.00 Shoei X-11.

Ya get what you pay for. I've owned a C2 for years, and will be moving to a C3 as soon as I'm back from a 10-day ride that starts tomorrow. I just bought one for my wife (her first full-face helmet) and setup a Sena Bluetooth unit in it. While I had it apart to install the Sena unit I learned even more about how well built the helmet is, and how easy it is to work on and remove the liner for cleaning.

For special pricing (call him to see how special) and free shipping talk to Clint Lawrence at JC Motors (jcmotors.com) (949) 419-0555 or email him at clint @ jcmotors dot com Tell him Dennis sent you.

FYI, to make the Sena SMH10 work with a Schuberth helmet you need the SMH-A0302 backing-plate kit with the detached mic. And if you use custom-molded earplugs get the SMH-A0304 kit. And you need to use 3M Adhesive Promoter on the helmet before sticking the backing plate onto the helmet to make sure the adhesive sticks well. You can find it in small packets at some auto paint supply stores.

The helmet is great if your head fits it's design. I wanted a flip up for the IBR. I spent 2 years trying on multi-tech, sharks, nolan's and finally drove 4 hrs to try on a C3. The C3 was the best fit for my head. I have 2 Arai Quantums (F series and II series). After thinking about it for 2 months, I drove another 4 hours to try on again and purchase the C3. I used during the IBR and the only complaint I had was water leaking down around the visor. After asking other C3 owners about this, Lisa Landry informed me that I didn't have the visor locked. I was able to get it fully locked a couple of times, but seems to be harder to do than it should be. I need to re-read the manual. I also think that my Arais get better airflow/venting.

If I needed a new flip up helmet, I would save for a couple of months and get this helmet again. Main reason being it fit the best. All of it's awesome features are just gravy.

Corey

I'm concidering the Shuberth C3, but as you all know its not the cheapest helmet in the world. So for those of you that own this fine helmet is it worth the money would you do it again?
Ok I told you I would let you know what I thought after getting mine. We went on a 500 mile ride yesterday, I have a rifle windscreen 2x4 2in.taller 4wider then stock.

My Nolan 101 is 6 plus years old, and I always weir ear plugs. It is still in fair shape but the inside is getting old and not staying in place so. I bulked at its price of 325.

I took the nolan on the ride just to compair and never put it on, it even still had my radio gear in it so no tunes the 11 hours of riding. The schuberth is a nice helmet.. and I would buy another in a minute, the jm spkers are now in the new helmet just put them in this morning while the wife was sleeping.

My first thought on the drop down vison was 'big deal' but its really a nice item, when you check one out compair the way it feels operating compaired to another brand helmet. I felt more air flow in this schuberth then I ever felt at anytime in the nolan.so bottom line pay the price take the hit. You will only feel it until you ride with the new helmet. Just my 2cents.

Damn that's an expensive helmet.

I have a KBC FFR coming in the mail as I've been wanting to try an modular helmet. I had a brutal crash when I was 17 and my $79 no name helmet back then protected me damn well hitting the pavement at 80mph including tumbling into a curb impact, so I've never stressed much about the theory that more money = safer.... more so just better features, quieter, maybe better looking, etc. Just never order a helmet online before being able to try one on. I'm currently in a size large KBC VR1 (awesome helmet) and a XXXL Scorpion does not fit me - some brands just fit in a very particular way. That helmet gets great reviews though from the ones I read.

"If you have a $10 brain, buy a $10 helmet." And no, I don't have a C3, but I do own a $600.00 Shoei X-11.
Sorry Trigger, I think that traditional assertion is about as worthless as a rusty can of used ****. (Damn, I have been waiting to use that Warchildsm!)

Show me any test that says one of the expensive brand helmets is any safer than an HJC, Scorpion, or other cheaper main-line helmet.

Sure, you usually get better features and build quality with the more expensive helmets, but you pay big $$$$ for it. I have owned, (and still do) Shoei X-11 and Multi-tec helmets and I do love them. But lately, I have been buying HJC helmets at really great sale or close-out prices. For the same price of one Shoei helmet, I can have several HJC helmets and replace them more often. BTW, my last X-11 I purchased for $330 brand new! Schwing!!

The most important thing is fit of course. I have tried many helmets, but for me Shoei and HJC seem to be the only ones that fit well. And my multi-tec is just a tad too big/loose to be considered perfect.

I would love to try the C3, but I just can't see paying that for a helmet. IF, and I mean IF it fits my head shape really well maybe someday I will try one. But that day is still a ways off.