Side case storage option!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bolted a piece of aluminum channel I had laying around to the wall. It works great.

htfy.jpg

4yk4.jpg

I just saw the bullrack product recently myself - nice, but a bit too much $$ for my liking.

The aluminum channel thing is the bees knees!! Me likey!! Thanks for the great idea.

I like to follow the law (most of the time). In this case, the law of gravity.

When bags aren't mounted on either of my bikes, I set them on the floor in my office. So far, the law has not let me down, and the best part is the price.

I also believe in Boyle's Law, but that is for another (off topic) thread.

When bags aren't mounted on either of my bikes, I set them on the floor in my office. So far, the law has not let me down, and the best part is the price.

Mine was free too and I'm not kicking them accidentally because they're up and out of the way.

Mine was free too and I'm not kicking them accidentally because they're up and out of the way.
Phil, I knew you were going to break out that photo a split second after seeing the OP. :)

I just screwed a piece of 1 x 1/8 aluminum along the wall of the garage. The boxes fit just fine in the gaps between the studs in my unfinished garage. I think it cost me $3 from Home Depot. Works great

I store mine on the sides of the FJR. That way, I always know where they are. The only time I ever take them off and leave the house is when the bike is heading to the shop for service. If I didn't have them on, that would be the day I'd need my first aid kit. Or tire patch stuff. Or some damn thing. Anyway, how else would I carry my sh*t home from Costco?

Only time mine are off is for service or bike cleanup. I have another bike that's parked in the corner of the garage. I put the cases on the mat behind the bike when they're off. I like the hanging idea though.

Howdy!

I'm Van and I own the company that sells BULLRACK pannier wall mounts. I'm not going to SPAM you guys just want to jump in and make an offer.

I saw all the hits on my website and wanted to make it worth your while to visit.

Use the coupon code "FJRFORUM" for $20 off.

Safe riding,

Van

https://bullrack.com

FJR.png

FJR Mount (You get a pair in the kit, obviously)

I store mine on the sides of the FJR. That way, I always know where they are. The only time I ever take them off and leave the house is when the bike is heading to the shop for service. If I didn't have them on, that would be the day I'd need my first aid kit. Or tire patch stuff. Or some damn thing. Anyway, how else would I carry my sh*t home from Costco?
+1

I was wondering what all this saddlebag storing stuff was about. I take mine off and set them on the floor only when I need to do some service work that they are in the way of, otherwise they are hanging on the bike.

I guess the Cali guys would like to de-bag the bike for easier lane splitting.

Howdy!I'm Van and I own the company that sells BULLRACK pannier wall mounts. I'm not going to SPAM you guys just want to jump in and make an offer.

I saw all the hits on my website and wanted to make it worth your while to visit.

Safe riding,

Van

I found your product on Pirates Lair BMW monthly news letter.

Thought it was a neat product, there's obviously some other good idea's here as well....

Howdy!I'm Van and I own the company that sells BULLRACK pannier wall mounts. I'm not going to SPAM you guys just want to jump in and make an offer.

Safe riding,

Van

FJR.png

FJR Mount (You get a pair in the kit, obviously)
Now that's the way to market on the internet. Not get defensive or aggressive but reach out with an offer. Well done, Bullrack!

Van, the Bullrack looks good, thanks for the discount offered, and good luck.

The ONLY time my bags are on, is when I'm going on trips, otherwise they're off. If it doesn't fit in my tank and tail bags, then I don't need it. To each their own.