Side stand enlarger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, got it in the mail and put it on...!!!!! Great addition to the bike... Thanks

I'll second that! My FJR is lowered, the side stand stop has been ground and even with the Wynpro addition the bike rests properly on the sidestand. Excellent solution to the small footprint of the stand. Excellent job Dave!

Just my 2c worth. The side-stand pad is a great piece of kit. In addition I have a strong feeling that the the pad resists the bike's tendency to roll off the sidestand on slight downhill situation. I haven't (and don't intend to) test it to the limit! This is probably more applicable to the Gen 11's which have a rounded profile on the base of the sidestand. :unsure:

Don

You can have my WynPro foot when you pry it from my cold, dead ...., errrrr, sidestand.

Seriously this is the most cost effective farkel you can buy! I don't notice any problems with the very slight additional thickness it adds to the sidestand. Certainly net-net your FJR will be more stable in almost all parking situations with the WynPro.

Highly recommended.

I bought the part from Wynpro shortly after posting this way back when. It's a great prodcat at a reasonable price. I did have some audible buzzing from it being slightly loose with both screws fully tightened. I splooged some liquid metal product under it before re-attaching with loctite on the screws. My other idea was a section of inner tube rubber.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the part from Wynpro shortly after posting this way back when. It's a great prodcat at a reasonable price. I did have some audible buzzing from it being slightly loose with both screws fully tightened. I splooged some liquid metal product under it before re-attaching with loctite on the screws. My other idea was a section of inner tube rubber.
After having installed a couple on others' bikes, it seems there are slight casting variations in the kickstands.... a bit of rubber or heat shrink tubing in the bottom cures it. I really like this thing.... cost effective and highly recommended!!

You can have my WynPro foot when you pry it from my cold, dead ...., errrrr, sidestand.

Seriously this is the most cost effective farkel you can buy! I don't notice any problems with the very slight additional thickness it adds to the sidestand. Certainly net-net your FJR will be more stable in almost all parking situations with the WynPro.

Highly recommended.

Where can I buy one of these? I tried Google and Ebay with no luck. Thanks

. . . it seems there are slight casting variations in the kickstands.... a bit of rubber or heat shrink tubing in the bottom cures it.
The bottom of my kickstand foot was slightly rounded, and it was a tiny bit long for the size of the opening on the new part, so it initially wobbled just a bit. A few seconds with the angle grinder reshaped the bottom and one edge of the kickstand foot enough for a perfect fit. A little Loctite on the screws for a guarantee and it's perfect on soft asphalt, gravel, anything but deep mud. Good item.

JBWeld sounds like a good idea. Mine stayed on less than 200 miles before it ended up in the ditch somewhere. I installed with loc-tite.

Is there a similar product on the market that has a better method of fastening to the kickstand?

JBWeld sounds like a good idea. Mine stayed on less than 200 miles before it ended up in the ditch somewhere. I installed with loc-tite.

Is there a similar product on the market that has a better method of fastening to the kickstand?
Well, there's always this.

P1020073.JPG

Once you decide that it's going to work for you, go ahead and JB Weld the thing on there, and also use RED loctite for those screws. Spray paint it flat black (so it blends in a little) and you're good to go.