Sidebag running/brake lights.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimefjr

Reaction score
I just installed Signal Dynamic universal 6" light bars on my side bags as additional running and brake lights and they work very nice...I just drilled a hole on the end of the bags for the wires and one on the inside edge of the bag for the wires to run under the seat to the wiring harness where I tapped into the yellow or hot brake wire, with the red wire from the lights and the white wire to the blue running light wire...they are mounted with 3M automotive tape and one of the supplied bolts...they work very good and I have the Kisan tailblazer plug in lights...so the two really look good together on braking.

010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was too lazy to go get the right connectors today, but I will make the wires quick connect for taking the side bags off....but I rarely take them off...I like to be able to carry food, drink, camera etc...

The wide spacing definitely adds to the visual impact [it'd be cool if they worked w/ your turn signals too]! I like it!! I have one of their license plate frames w/ two of the bars on it [& the flasher module also]. I've thought about the bags as a location for lights but haven't wanted to mess w/ a good thing, ...since they are pretty effectively water-tight as they are.

Nice idea.

Here's a thought: What if you mounted them with 3M Dual Lock and left the wires running externally somehow, so that in those rare occasions that you did want to ride without the bags, you could stick the lights along side the license plate.

Nice idea.
Here's a thought: What if you mounted them with 3M Dual Lock and left the wires running externally somehow, so that in those rare occasions that you did want to ride without the bags, you could stick the lights along side the license plate.
That is a good idea, but I would have to figure out a way to make the wiring look clean and neat...right now they are hidden inside the side bags and the install looks clean...hmmmmmmmmmm

I've been tossin' off er.. tossing around this idea for a while now. Nice work!

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator: