Sidi Boot Recs?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the Sidi On-Road boots
Best boot I've ever owned, period. It does everything I need. The only downside is in the sweltering heat, there's not much relief from a big boot like that. However, I found that I'm much more comfortable with that boot and the GenI heat than with a shorter boot and susceptible to the heat wash.

Me too. Great boots, comfy and dry.

Stef

I absolutely love my Sidi Strada Air boots! I've logged well over 50k miles on them and plan on eventually replacing them with another pair of Sidi boots. For me they were comfy the moment I got them and really required no break in. As a matter of fact, I road a rally the day after I got them instead if using my old boots because I felt they were that comfortable.

I just bought a pair of the Canyon Gor-Tex boots. I can't give you any real-world info on them yet (just out of the box and tags still attached), but they sure are a nice looking boot! I will say that New Enough did help with the annoying buy expensive and somewhat hard-to-fit boots process with their super return policy though. If you want something that offers protection from boo-boos and the elements and not look like you're wearing ski boots, I think those are a good choice.

I will add that I have narrow feet and also narrow calves, and they are decent for that.

I have a pair of Sidi Strata Tepur Evo boots that I LOVE - too warm for Spring/Summer/Early Fall in the Metroplex but a great waterproof boot for slightly cooler temps. I liked the Sidi so much a got a pair of Vertigo Air for warmer temps.

Both the Strata and the Vertigo have the distinction of being the only boots I've ever worn that were comfortable from day 1 - no break in required. I could and did wear them all day right after I bought them. I'm pretty picky with how my footwear feels so that fact is amazing to me.

Have a pair of Oxtar boots and love em, had to send the first pair back due to euro sizes (the boots ran big), but since then, no problems. Waterproof and comfortable. Reasonably warm to.

Of course, they look like they belong on a rock video from the 70's.

Latest posts