Sidi Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely, yes. I have owned many boots and none compare to the quality and longevity of the Sidi's. Somebody said like Nike's, they are almost that good. I wear mine to ride in and then get off of the bike and hike quite a few miles and back. They wear like iron and I have never had a problem with their waterproofing. Sizing can be a little funny. Get em you wont regret it.

Absolutely, yes. I have owned many boots and none compare to the quality and longevity of the Sidi's. Somebody said like Nike's, they are almost that good. I wear mine to ride in and then get off of the bike and hike quite a few miles and back. They wear like iron and I have never had a problem with their waterproofing. Sizing can be a little funny. Get em you wont regret it.
Yes! They do feel as comfortable as a pair of Nike's. One size bigger than you normally wear should do just fine. :)

My last pair of Sidi's (not sure of model?) were great! Lasted many seasons and wore very well. They didn't hold out the water for ever but weren't bad? I just purchased on line a pair of Gaerne G-Flow Aquatech's and on a recent trip of 2 weeks we had quite a bit of rain and I was the only one with "Dry" feet at the end of each wet day! One fellow even had those rubber over boot things and still got wet feet? As for returning them if they didn't fit, as long as you don't wear them outside and scuff up the sole no problem! I wear a 9.5 and these only come in full size so I ordered a 10 and can put my insoles in quite comfortably. I have quite a wide foot and that isn't a problem either. I paid 197.00 cdn. plus tax but no shipping! A little hot in the heat but I don't like riding when it gets really warm anyway! The reason for purchasing this style of boot is I have a fused ankle which doesn't bend in the right direction to get into a higher calf length boot. I look like an idiot sitting on the floor with my feet in the air desperately trying to pull the longer boot on, which I can't!

I've been wearing a pair of Sidi Way Rains for the last season and half. Imagine my surprise when, at this year SE Ohio Ramble, to find myself with wet feet at the end of the day. Up until then my feet have stayed dry. I can't figure out for the life of me how. No cracked seams, tread is good.

I still like them a lot, though they really are on the narrow side, and I have narrow feet. I went up 1 size. I'd really couldn't wear them if they were a width smaller. The real problem with them is how hot they are. Their great in the cool or wet. Not so much in the dry and hot.

So I sit there with a couple of hundred in my paypal account toying with buying a pair of ST Air's or Fusion Air's. Maybe I'll hit up our local distributor and try on some Alpinestars as well.
Correction, not Sidi Way Rains, Fusion Rains. Currently on closeout from NewEnough.com in smaller sizes only

.... Maybe I'll hit up our local distributor and try on some Alpinestars as well.
Magellan, you should really consider some of these ...

ScoutWP.jpg

Alpinestar Scout WP

Incredibly comfy, waterproof, and having worn mine now for over a year (I've never taken them off) I'd buy 'em again in a second.

And very importantly, they're built like friggin' battle gear. (I think they're made in Manitoba.)

As robust as off-road boots. And inexpensive.....sorta. About $250. (That's like, about 40 loonies, ....I think.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpinestar Scout WP

Incredibly comfy, waterproof, and having worn mine now for over a year (I've never taken them off) I'd buy 'em again in a second.

And very importantly, they're built like friggin' battle gear. (I think they're made in Manitoba.)
Funny, your the second guy that's recommended those to me. I guess them must be standard issue to the Manitoba Navy. A local accessory place sells A*'s. I'll see if they have these in stock in my size and give them a try.

Alpinestar Scout WP

As robust as off-road boots. And inexpensive.....sorta. About $250. (That's like, about 40 loonies, ....I think.)
Those look great!

I'm wearing Sidis currently, but the last pair of boots I had prior were Gaerne. Well made, very comfortable and durable boots. Worth a look and I think equal to Sidi in design and construction.

After my get off I decided I would go for protection in any gear I bought. Since I broke my left ankle(along with a bunch of other stuff) I wanted a boot with protection but not look like the terminator when on.

I went with Dainese.

Dainese TRQ Gore-Tex

Fit is great and Nike fit is for sure there. I was Alpine all the way but these are now my choice of boot. I can say they are 100% waterproof even with the perforated leather.

Great boots as I am sure all mentioned are. But the protection on these I could live with in the looks department and they are pretty light.

YMMV

Absolutely worth the money! I used to have to buy a new "cheap" pair of boots every year. I have had my current pair of Sidi's for two and a half and going strong. My brother has a pair he has been using for over ten years. The boots I have are rain/water proof and are a bit warm on a really hot day but I survive. They make some pretty well ventilated summer boots too though and those are next on my list.

I have a pair of Sidi Sport Rains and they are very well built and very comfortable......BUT.....they are the hottest boots I have ever owned. They do not breath. I can wear them all day and when I take them off my socks are wet. They are not real leather and whatever they are does not breath like leather. They are a great cold weather boot but no way something you want to wear when it's 90-100+ degrees outside for sure!

My vote goes to Alpinestars SMX plus.

Speed laces put the boot exactly where I want them.

Recently caught my ankle on a curb which threw me off the scooter. Saved me from a serious injury!

Massively comfortable for any type of riding, easy to forget I am wearing them when walking around. Alpinestars will resole, re-lace, and replace parts for 60$ If you break your Kevlar laces they will send you a set free.

Its been 103 degrees in California and they are not hot. They are superb in 40 degree temperatures. They are the Goldilocks kit, just right all the time.

I've had my one pair 6 years and they are in bitchen condition as I ride all the time. Make sure to Lexol them every 6 months

WW

IIRC the post was about Sidi boots and whether they were worth the money. I don'y know what model of Sidi boots I have. I bought them in the spring of 2007 for $225 after a 25% discount for a trip to Alaska and wanted something waterproof. They were and still are. I have ridden well over 100,000 miles with them both on and off road, wet, dry, damn hot as well as below freezing. My feet have been cold but I never had a problem with them being hot. I do some walking in them but they are not good for a long hike. I am impressed with my Sidi boots and will buy Sidi for my next pair even if I have to pay full price.

The Alpinestars at the local shop don't fit. So I'm thinking about buying a pair of Sidis but will have to do so via the net.

Does anyone know if the full size boots fit those of us with large calves?

Are they really that much better than other brands to be that expensive? :huh:
yes, they are exactly or more than advertised...even model by model

now and forever, that's all I purchase...I'm on my 3rd pair of air boots for summer

and a pair of waterproof warm boots (a year old...I wore the air boots year round in the past)

you get what you pay for -> mostly

On my 3d pair of Sidis. Got sale (or used but unworn) deals on all, so I've spent no more than $200 on any pair (that pair being unworn used and retailing at $450). Great boots for my feet.