Sidi On Road

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMW

Reaction score
Looking to replace my Oxtar Matrix boots - they are about 5 years old, but the sole on one is pretty much worn smooth. The Otars were OK, no real comlaints, but they were nothing special.

I notice that a lot of people here like the Sidi On Roads. They are expensive, but I'm willing to spend the $ if they are that good. My main concern is the sole. It seems that it has a thick lug sole, and I am wondering if I will have trouble shifting with that boot. Also wondering about the brake feel with the thicker sole.

Any comments are apprciated.

I have had my On Road boots since just after the first NAFO in '08. They are a little stiff at first, but once they break in they are fantastic. I have never, ever, had any problems with them being water proof, and they are wearing pretty well after about 50K miles. I do not have any issues at all with the sole thickness. I give them a 9.9 out of 10, with the minor deduct because it took a little while for them to break in.

I have 15,000 miles on my Sidi On-Roads and am very happy with them. Very comfortable boot and easy to get in and out of.

They offer nice protection without making you look like you should be out on a track somewhere in your shiny plastic ricky-racer boots.

I put about 70k on a pair and they worked very well until they got old and leaked. Now I have Sidi Canyon's ... like them much better.

I've had my On Roads for about seven years and haven't put more than about 40,000 miles on them. They are fairly comfortable on the bike, fairly comfortable walking, and totally waterproof even after seven years. They are fiddly to put on, with the VELCRO straps and I've had four of the VELCRO portion of the strap separate and had to glue them back on with GOOP . If I had to do it over again, I'd prbably look at something quicker to take on and off (side zipper and velcro?), but except for that limitation they seem to work fine. Oh, and they are a bit warm in Texas heat and humidity!

I just got a pair. Initially felt stiff and had some shifting issues (I was using RevIt Fusion boots before). After a few rides and a little breaking in, shifting is smooth and no issue. Only concern I have is the heat, but I figure I'll go back to my RevIts when the temps are in the 70+ range.

Love 'em! Yes, a little stiff when new, but that's not unique to Sidi. I thought the brand new lug sole (like a hiking boot sole but not as thick) made it harder to slide my feet back and forth on the foot pegs but that went away as the corners of the lugs got rounded off. Walk around on gravel a few times. I like the heel notch that anchors your foot so it won't slip off the peg when its wet. Had them re-soled once after around 60,000 miles (riding, not walking). And I like the adjustability of the four Velcro straps. Major price ouch, but worth the pain in the wallet. I'd get 'em again.

pete

I've had my On-Road's since 2008, and really like them. They're very comfortable, and they do (at least in size 46) have a thick sole. My only complaint is that they are hot in the summer. But they're great the rest of the year. They fill up like buckets if you let water get in the top, though!