Signs of Spring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After being the only one to ride to work over the last couple months, today all the motorcycle-only parking is full of bikes for the first time this year.

We had a scary mild winter and early spring this year up here in the Pacific Northwet. It's been feeling like spring for a while now...

Weather for Today, 3/18/2010:

March_18_2010_sunny.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in an effort to make this an "FJR Specific Discussion". <_< ...

Spring is when my wife goes out to the cemetery to retrieve the wreath stand.

Every year before the holidays, my wife buys a wreath and takes it out to the cemetery. Some years, when we buy a tree that's too big, I make a wreath out of the lower branches and she sets that up. I know the departed can't appreciate it, but we like sharing our tree. It's more for us than for them.

Anyway, before I digress too much and you get the idea that I'm a sentimental fool...

Spring is when my wife goes out to the cemetery to retrieve the wreath stand.

Today, we went for a meandering ride and guess where we ended up:

DSC05298.JPG

Must be Spring

Seeing the classic HD riders now that the weather is in the 50s - - no windshield, no helmet. Don't see them on the road when the temps are below 50.
Around here they are hard core. They come when it's below 50,thet just dont go tooo far tooo fast. They jst ride through town and make a little noise with loud pipes then go home.

First come the rains to the desert.

Then the buzzards return

Briefly and ya gotta be in the right place, a robin flies through

There is falcon that roosts on the back wall for about a week, then is gone. Yeah, its cool.

Then the desert turns green

Then the desert turns orange (poppies), then all kinds of colors from the wild flowers

Then, over night, BROWN....

PS - That's me on the left, by the way, in my part time job as a bodyguard, trying to keep the beach hooligans (Bust) from having their way with these gentle young girls.
NICE! If you like older women, PM me B)

:lol: ;) :lol: ;) :lol: ;)

Tourists with maps and cameras everywhere

WashingtonDCTrip%20041.jpg

Supporting the local vendors

2009_0814_overheard2.jpg

Entertaining tourists at the zoo

PSC000652507-comp.jpg

All you people who want to bitch about ANYTHING come back. HEY Is that BUST?

IMGP0028.JPG

Tourists learning about the BEST parking enforcement in the Nation (NO PARKING on the 2nd sign with the arrow)

parking.jpg

Getting to see the monuments

washington_monument.jpg

But then - there are tourists everywhere! (sorry, just a quick Google search)

img_40171.jpg

Signs of spring for me.

1. Snowbirds head home and the roads become safer. VBG

2. Spring Break is going on right now and college kids are everywhere.

Latest posts