since I had the camera out today...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DailyCommuter

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Reaction score
I love the superbrace. Noticed a difference in stable feeling, first ride out.

Picture026.jpg

This tank bag is an SW Moto Bag with quick lock tank ring. It's great because the bag doesn't touch the tank anywhere. it goes on and off easily, and no scratched or worn paint on the tank ever. Hard to tell from the picture, but the bag sits up off the tank.

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

I got the bulkhead fitting set-up for my starcom1 it's a very clean look, almost factory(but better) from bike effects.com

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

hidden in the back left is the mounting location for my Stebel Nautilus horn, I separated the horn from the compressor, and dremmeled the snot out of the stock horn bracket to make it hold the air horn in place. Also had to do some trimming to the inner cowling to get the fit, Take your time it aint that bad!

Picture027.jpg

I located the relay circuit, and the compressor motor under the seat, and used fuel line to run air back to the horn.

Picture028.jpg

the relay gets it power from the Blue sea fuse block in this picture, also from bike effects. My Starcom is also located here where the stock tool kit used to be, It's in a baggy to protect it from rain, (i'm a little paranoid about it.)

Picture029.jpg

This next picture is the tool kit I keep with me. Couple spare headlights, cuz who wants to be stranded because of that, The little alligator clip thing, is a jumper-cable set-up I made, that plugs ito an SAE connector from the fuse block, That same SAE connector runs my Slime Brand tire filler which is in the next picture.

Picture030.jpg

this mess of crap has all kinds of electical connectors, nylon zip ties, tire repair kit, and compressor(mentioned before), test light, cold heat solder tool (just in case), Spare fuses of all shapes and sizes, Rain gear in that black pouch on the left, spare wire pieces, wire looms, etc. etc. I do a lot of middle of nowhere riding in the middle of the night when I get stuck at work all night. I'm paranoid about getting stranded somewhere; so feel free to ridicule me all my best friends do, and most of you here are welcome to that title and group.

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Other than what's pictured, I also added a heavy weight throttle meister kit (which I rarely use, but I like the heavy bar ends), and a set of grip puppies, the G2 throttle tube, Corbin seats w/ back rest, and more is coming soon.....

I love this forum, and I love this bike, even after the thing died on me today, STUPID IGNITION SWITCH! Clicky for post on that

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. I especially like the look of the dual power outlets. Looks like you are ready for anything with that repair kit.

I am still looking for a good quality tool kit to carry.

To date, I've just hodge-podged a collection of 'secondary' tools that I carry.

I would like to find a high quality set of interchangeable tools that meet most all needs then supplement as necessary.

Any ideas?

Wow...nice pics, but I especially like the shots of your MacGyver Kit. I'm going to reference this when I build mine up. Thanks!!

Cheers,

Joe

It looks like in your tool kit you have a regular tire plug kit, have you ever used it?

We had a flat once and the bike kept spitting the standard type string plug out.

I've had pretty good luck with a Stop N Go plug system for bike and ATV tires.

Stop N Go

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill be putting the reflective bag decals and the reflective fairing decals on as soon as I get them. Maybe next week.