Skullcandy Asym Earphones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some asyms in today.... Do you people not wear a properly fitting helmet?? I can't get my helmet on without knocking them out of my ears at least somewhat.

Very disappointed....

EG

Got some asyms in today.... Do you people not wear a properly fitting helmet?? I can't get my helmet on without knocking them out of my ears at least somewhat.
Very disappointed....

EG
I bought the the asyms since I cannot put on the Etymotics on with a helmet. My asyms are still in the box. Based on your post, I better get them out of the box and make sure I can get the helmet on.

Mine are a tight fit. I put the Asyms in and have to "walk" my helmet down onto my head carefully (so as not to dislodge one). I pull it open and do a left/right walk-down motion. Not a big deal and it works pretty well.

Based on the advice of this thread and a few other online reviews, I tried the Skullcandy Asym and TiTAN earphones. I reviewed them both on my blog, I also found the Asym to not fit as well as I would have liked, but I love the TiTANs.

I rode for about three hours today without a problem with fit or comfort with the TiTANs.

Greeneb, are you looping the cord around the back of your ear? I found that went a long way with keeping the earphones in when putting the helmet on or taking it off. It also helps when the cord snags.

Last edited by a moderator:
cr1l.jpg

These are what I use, BUT they are not $40... I may get a set of the Asyms as a backup in case of (gasp!) failure of the Westone CR1s

never got any of these to work. all i have to do is take a sip from the camel back (move my jaw) and they pop right out.

I went with the Skullcandy Asym after reading the reviews here. They are comfortable, I do loop them over my ear but they are going back... They let in way too much noise campaired to my customer molded.

I have a pair of plug up custom's, this will be my third time sending them back due to the wire pulling out. The last time was on my trip back from Colorado to NY. It sucked having one speaker working. I looked at the wiring through a jewelers glass and the custom's are prone to failure. The ground wire wraps around the lead causing the speaker to short out. I would think you would shield the ground or lead to avoid this.

I still haven't found anything that works as good WHEN they work...

I tried for 30 minutes using all kinds of techniques while sliding the helmet(Shoei RF-1000) on, just can't seem to make it happen, and yes I am looping the wire back over my ear. I think I may try the S-plugs next.

I am going to keep the asyms for other activities as they do sound pretty good for the money. I just wanted to let people know that the asyms aren't a guarantee to work.

EG