Skyway Discount code?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zute

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanted to purchase aluminum sliders from Skyway, however I read a post that said it costs $88 vs when I go online with shipping costs $97. Is there a discount code to use for this vendor. I've tried to PM, but it's saying his mailbox is full. I also sent an email through the website, but have not received a response.

If this vendor is no longer in good standings, does anyone else have a contact for aluminum sliders?

Aluminum sliders = possible break of frame in the case of mishap. They don't give as much as they should. You are already aware of that, right? Aluminum sliders = close to useless bling.

Aluminum sliders = possible break of frame in the case of mishap. They don't give as much as they should. You are already aware of that, right? Aluminum sliders = close to useless bling.
I disagree... While they may not be perfect or the 'best' for slider/crash protection they are great Tip-Over-Guards, and I've tested them completely more than once.

If used with the proper bolts, the bolts should bend/break before frame damage. I also highly suspect that any crash that rips the bolts out and/or breaks the frame is likely to cause the bike to be totaled anyway.

That's why I also carry insurance. (My cost for collision is less than $300/year). That's a drop in the bucket when you consider the other benefits. (thought that's a separate topic for another post).

There's a bunch of people well into year 2 of attempting to get there money back (many $1000s) & cannot get any info from Him unless he decides to grace us with a paragraph a few times a year but no personal responses, just empty promises . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree... While they may not be perfect or the 'best' for slider/crash protection they are great Tip-Over-Guards, and I've tested them completely more than once.

If used with the proper bolts, the bolts should bend/break before frame damage. I also highly suspect that any crash that rips the bolts out and/or breaks the frame is likely to cause the bike to be totaled anyway.

That's why I also carry insurance. (My cost for collision is less than $300/year). That's a drop in the bucket when you consider the other benefits. (thought that's a separate topic for another post).
Howdy Matt, you disagreeing with me? Tell me it ain't so.... :)

Maybe you should tell Fencer about that "total the bike" thing. He broke his bike's frame in a lowside because of the aluminum slider & his insurance company did not total the bike. They decided to buy him a new frame & swap all parts onto it. I didn't just get that stuff using atmospheric extraction (pulling it out of thin air). I do agree about tip over guards. So, if this person wants TOGs this gentleman should go for it & get these.

Besides... not crashing is best. You agree?

Edited to add... there was a guy in the classifieds selling some. Not sure if they're still available.

Howdy Matt, you disagreeing with me? Tell me it ain't so.... :)
Maybe you should tell Fencer about that "total the bike" thing. He broke his bike's frame in a lowside because of the aluminum slider & his insurance company did not total the bike. They decided to buy him a new frame & swap all parts onto it. I didn't just get that stuff using atmospheric extraction (pulling it out of thin air). I do agree about tip over guards. So, if this person wants TOGs this gentleman should go for it & get these.

Besides... not crashing is best. You agree?
I do... And using Fencer as the example isn't valid... He seems to crash a lot nowdays... ;)

I've seen a few of the frames damaged from the aluminum sliders... Most have been repairable. It's only a motor mount... sheesh :)

I think 05Blue's frame flange thingy was tweaked too in his lowside... Nothing a good aluminum welder couldn't fix up. I'm not conviced though that even the delrin sliders couldn't do the same damage if hit properly as it's just not the ideal location for mounting them, but it is the most convenient.

Have you crashed Delrin? I have... not that I'm proud, or anything.

I've seen a few of the frames damaged from the aluminum sliders... Most have been repairable. It's only a motor mount... sheesh :)
Only? Hahaha...

most have been repairable? That statement is not comforting.

I really dont "plan" on crashing or dropping, but they are nice to have and if I don't plan on "using" them, might as well look good ;)

Thanks for the info anyway.

Only? Hahaha...

most have been repairable? That statement is not comforting.
Nope, haven't crashed Delrin yet (nor aluminum for that matter).

The ones that I have seen photos of damaged, only the flange (around the bolt head) was broken. That particular piece serves no purpose other than to make the bolt head flush.. Is it more likely to happen with aluminum? no doubt about it, I'm not convinced it can't happen with delrin though too.

(I searched and Camera's photos are no longer online.)

I think we both can agree that sliders (either type) are not the end-all be-all in crash protection. Neither will save you in every instance.

The last time I was at the dragon there was a brand new CBR that was totaled. He 'caught' a peg feeler in a crack and it put him down. His sliders (front, mid, rear) did little to protect the bike as it tumbled.

I think we both can agree that sliders (either type) are not the end-all be-all in crash protection. Neither will save you in every instance.
Absolutely agree w/ that statement.

After further review... Go with the T-Rex Sliders,
Why is there such a difference in price? One sells for $20, the other for $90 - for the same material?