Skyway Discount code?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After further review... Go with the T-Rex Sliders,
Why is there such a difference in price? One sells for $20, the other for $90 - for the same material?
Dunno.... Skyway has to make a living. He is or was primarily focused on teh FJR and made smaller quantities of stuff.

There's also a guy on ebay that regularly sells aluminum sliders to fit the FJR. Very inexpensive if I remember correctly. Personally, I went with delrin sliders from a ebay vendor.

It's only a motor mount... sheesh :)

[Joins hijack]

I see the smilies and stuff, but I though I'd say that on a bike where the motor is part of the structure, "only a motor mount" is not exactly a comfort. . . . . B)

[/Joins hijack]

+1 on delrin vs. aluminum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno.... Skyway has to make a living. He is or was primarily focused on teh FJR and made smaller quantities of stuff.
yeah he emailed me and said he had LLC expenses - no more discounts I guess. With that I will probably go with the less expensive ones even tho IMHO the aluminum ones look better

I wouldn't put aluminum sliders on my bike if my plastic depended on it! I like my frame better than my plastic. Besides, I bought a pair of the slyway aluminum ones and they were not machined correctly to fit the bolt recess so I tossed em and went with Delrin.