Skyway Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjrieth

Reaction score
And thanks to Ian....turning into my driveway today my fjr stalled and went on its right side. The Skyway slider not only protected the fairing completely.....it took a hunk out of the cement ...as if to say...how dare you strike my FJR Thanks, Ian....quality piece ...not only looks good....works good...

Ron

And thanks to Ian....turning into my driveway today my fjr stalled and went on its right side. The Skyway slider not only protected the fairing completely.....it took a hunk out of the cement ...as if to say...how dare you strike my FJR Thanks, Ian....quality piece ...not only looks good....works good...Ron
Bummer you dropped your bike, but glad you have no damage.

And thanks to Ian....turning into my driveway today my fjr stalled and went on its right side. The Skyway slider not only protected the fairing completely.....it took a hunk out of the cement ...as if to say...how dare you strike my FJR Thanks, Ian....quality piece ...not only looks good....works good...

Ron
Thanks to the sturdiness of your sliders, Ian. By the way...I didnt mention it...but I was just moving my bike from one garage to another...and I decided that even though I was only going a few yards....I put my helmet on. I fell backwards onto the cement and would have had quite a headache I am sure if I hadnt had it on. You know I am sitting here wondering why I am posting what an idiot I am!...LOL :)

Ride Safe,

Ron

Ron
Thanks to the sturdiness of your sliders, Ian. By the way...I didnt mention it...but I was just moving my bike from one garage to another...and I decided that even though I was only going a few yards....I put my helmet on. I fell backwards onto the cement and would have had quite a headache I am sure if I hadnt had it on. You know I am sitting here wondering why I am posting what an idiot I am!...LOL :)

Ride Safe,

Ron
You're fine, the bike is fine... everyone does dumb things once in a while... no biggie...<BG>

I wont' tell you how I dropped my Deuce for the first time after having it for three years cause I forgot to put the kickstand down... or how I decided to ride up hill on the wrong gravel driveway , dropped it and had to have some nice folks come to my rescue...<BG>

mary

Ron

Ride Safe,

Ron

Sounds like the helmet saved you from a mass infusion of vitamin I. :D

Nothing wrong with admitting things IMO. I bet of all the members here who never admit anything, there are many an untold story. ;)

Ron

Ride Safe,

Ron

Sounds like the helmet saved you from a mass infusion of vitamin I. :D

Nothing wrong with admitting things IMO. I bet of all the members here who never admit anything, there are many an untold story. ;)
I have NEVER dropped my FJR1300AE! Of course, I don't have it yet either :D !

Ron,

Glad all is well - I would say you are one of the smart ones for wearing your helmet at ALL TIMES!

Best Regards,

Shane

Sorry to hear about the fall :( glad the helmet worked :clapping:

Will you have to replace the helmet now that it's bounced off the hard stuff?

Sorry to hear about the fall :( glad the helmet worked :clapping: Will you have to replace the helmet now that it's bounced off the hard stuff?
Helmets should ALWAYS be replaced after a fall/impact. Even if the outer shell is intact, the inner styrofoam can be compressed, without knowing, and will not protect your noggin the next time around. Not worth the chance. Manufacturers and magazine articles I've read suggest replacing helmets after they have done the job you bought them for.

As for the crash, I've been there, hate that. But Iv'e learned from the two times I've crashed since 1980....... I hope :clapping:

Yes an unfortunate accident, things happen but you were wearing protection, now that is good.

Yes helmets are a one timer how much do you like your head? If the answer is a whole bunch , it is easy new helmet . If are undecided you are playing russian roulette, has my turn come up yet???

" I vote for a new helmet." How about you????? ;)

You guys need to lay off the sauce....dropping scoots, falling backwards.....what next?

And thanks to Ian....turning into my driveway today my fjr stalled and went on its right side. The Skyway slider not only protected the fairing completely.....it took a hunk out of the cement ...as if to say...how dare you strike my FJR Thanks, Ian....quality piece ...not only looks good....works good...Ron
Ron, due to your willingness to 'come clean' about a mishap you could have easlily have kept to yourself, if your slider is dinged up, I'll make it purty again for you. ;)

A picture of the aftermath will be interesting to see.

Even if you don't want to do this right away, just ship it to me when you feel comfortable with it being off the bike for a week or 2.

Stalled? My hiney......he forgot to park next to the tree....One too many cold beers is my theory.

...and we're back.

So where did you get these Skyway Sliders? Link?

Thx.

Jeez gang,

I spend a little of the day with the grandkids in the pool and everyone is on my butt! lol...actually I put a quick 100 miles on this morning just to make sure Baby Blue is ok... :)

Combined response....

1. Yes, I did order a new helmet. I wear the Nolan 102 xtralite flipface and I called Guru Glen immediately. I must admit I would have probably done it anyway cause of the matching blue.....

2. My slider has a little nick in it...I will see if I can get my canon digi to take a closeup. I had actually figured that I would let.....OK ...I am letting the cat out of the bag here....I would let the "Polisher" clean up the Slider for me. YES, MABEL, I AM GETTING MY WHEELS POLISHED! The FJR is a real bitch wih polished wheels, beleive me. Now before the wise guys start their crap - let me tell you that I had polished wheels on my '05 FJR and on my 04 Honda ST ...way too cool. NO they are NOT hard to take care of. The secret is....well it doesn't matter what the secret is....I will keep that to myself. I will contact you Ian if I need to fix that slider up professionally....thanks, as always...and yes its an '06 Chik.

3, If you notice...and someone called me on it...I did blame the FJR...wasnt my fault it went over...there is more to it...I was on a sand road but I didnt want to start that thread all over again.. :)

Ride Safe and enjoy the holiday..film at 11

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian,

Took some digis...so little damage it is hard to see....just scuff marks on the slider-no damage to fairing. I don't know how to insert pix in these posts but I can emal them to you if you PM me an address.

Thanks,

RR

Hey Krashdragon,

Forgot to mention...originally from Lorain...lived in Avon Lake...we were near neighbors once!

Hope all is well on the lake.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator: