• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's 2006 & 2007 FJR Delrin Slider Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year, everyone!

Now.... where are my delrins?????? :p
Through December I have been inundated above and beyond the norn with end of year contracts requested by my regular clients.(the same people, who without, I could not make any FJR farkles possible) The delrin sliders are in the machine right now and I anticipate them to be packaged and shipped to everyone by Tuesday of next week.
Thanks for the update, Skyway.

I'll postpone my unplanned tipover until the week of the 15th.

Please tell me you shipped them with Saturday delivery..... :yahoo:

please? :dribble:

I have all of the delrin pieces of the sliders machined and I'm about halfway through the aluminum mounting portion of the slider. The orders have been coming in thick and fast, so I'm trying to get ahead of the curve.

Photo's will be posted soon.

The Delrin kits are now ready for shipping. I will have all current orders packaged and shipped this evening. Also, I would like to ask that somebody post some photo's of them mounted on both the 06 and the 07 when they receive them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Delrin kits are now ready for shipping. I will have all current orders packaged and shipped this evening. Also, I would like to ask that somebody post some photo's of them mounted on both the 06 and the 07 when they receive them.
Sign me up for a set please. PM sent

I just ordered your slidders. Will orders default for the new Delrin material or did I seed to specify? I sure would like to see some photo's nd what are some of the advantages of this new material? I am a new FJR owner and rider.

I just ordered your slidders. Will orders default for the new Delrin material or did I seed to specify? I sure would like to see some photo's nd what are some of the advantages of this new material? I am a new FJR owner and rider.
Yes, I see your order, and please, please, specify what type you want. How else will I know what your asking for, when I'm tracking a lot of orders? Here's what the delrin kit looks like, though I'll can this photo once I get some good on-bike photo's. Ice is optional. :D Did anyone receive theirs yet?

Black delrin, polished aluminum.

IMG_1972.jpg

Yes, I see your order, and please, please, specify what type you want. How else will I know what your asking for, when I'm tracking a lot of orders? Here's what the delrin kit looks like, though I'll can this photo once I get some good on-bike photo's. Ice is optional. :D Did anyone receive theirs yet?

IMG_1972.jpg

hey ian,

they look trick!! i'm still waiting for mine to get here. did they go out friday??

chiefj48

IMG_1972.jpg
Thank you for getting back to me but you did not explain the reason for change or advantages of this new material you are using. I see an article here "Delrin® acetal resin emerged from DuPont's efforts to capitalize on the success of nylon and the growing post World War II market for plastics and other synthetic materials. Efforts to develop a tough and heat resistant metal substitute began in the early 1950s, and by 1952 chemists in the Polychemicals Department had synthesized an inflexible polymer from formaldehyde that assistant research director Frank C. McGrew called "synthetic stone" and DuPont named Delrin®.

After four years of development DuPont patented Delrin® in 1956 and began construction of a 20-million pound annual-capacity production plant at Parkersburg, West Virginia, completed in 1960. As manufacture commenced, total research and development costs for the project topped $50 million dollars. DuPont fully expected to recover these costs by marketing Delrin® as a general substitute for nonferrous metals, but a patent dispute and stiff competition held profitability down. As a result, DuPont focused subsequent research efforts on more sophisticated and specialized engineering polymers.

Despite its troubled beginnings, Delrin® thrived in the long run and has been steadily improved over the years. Today, Delrin® is a mainstay of DuPont's engineering polymers line and is widely acclaimed as a lightweight but durable low wear, low friction plastic for electronic office equipment, advanced conveyor technology, and automotive applications."

I did not see the option to pick which one I wanted to order during the checkout and I did not see the article about the Delrin until after I ordered today. I like the look of the metal much better but it seems that the Delrin might be a better product in the event of a fall and dealing with heat issues coming off the motor. I will also email you but I would like the Delrin. Thanks.

Also, what do you mean when you say ICE is optional? Being new to this forum is often hard to understand terms when there are so many things like Farkles, ICE, ect...

Also, what do you mean when you say ICE is optional? Being new to this forum is often hard to understand terms when there are so many things like Farkles, ICE, ect...
The ice comment was my poor attempt at humor. Delrin kit it is then. ;)

hey ian,
they look trick!! i'm still waiting for mine to get here. did they go out friday??

chiefj48
Yes, all delrin kits have been shipped. Photo's please when you get them installed. :dribble:

hey ian,

chiefj48
Yes, all delrin kits have been shipped. Photo's please when you get them installed. :dribble:
Thanks. The day is arrives is the day it will be installed. I will take full photo's and share if someone does not get to it first. :yahoo:

hey ian,

chiefj48
Thanks. The day is arrives is the day it will be installed. I will take full photo's and share if someone does not get to it first. :yahoo:

unless my bike comes in before i get the sliders, you'll beat me to the photos.

chiefj48

hey ian,

chiefj48

hey ian,

i receive the sliders today. now i just need my bike to put them on. my dealer is tracking it down, i should know something soon.

thanks,

chiefj48

hey ian,

chiefj48

hey ian,

i receive the sliders today. now i just need my bike to put them on. my dealer is tracking it down, i should know something soon.

thanks,

chiefj48
If they arrived for you today in NY, then I'm guessing that almost everyone else should be receiving something as well.

I receive the sliders today. now i just need my bike to put them on. my dealer is tracking it down, I should know something soon.
thanks,

chiefj48
You already got yours in "New York" :eek: ? I live almost close enough to Ian for him to hand them to me and they are still not here. Our mail man must have gone by way of "New York City" <_< .

hey ian,

chiefj48
I received mine today and got them installed on my '07 this evening. Does anyone know if they protect the side cowlings in the out position? I've got them out and it looks like it might be pretty close.

Here are some pics:

left_slider_closeup.jpg

left_slider_view.jpg

right_slider_closeup.jpg

left_slider_from_behind.jpg

right_slider_from_behind.jpg

Thanks Ian, they look great. Now to never find out how well they work.

Great looking bike!! The more I see that color the more I like it.

I received mine today and got them installed on my '07 this evening. Does anyone know if they protect the side cowlings in the out position? I've got them out and it looks like it might be pretty close.
Thanks for the photo's!!

The slider does protrude beyond the edge of the fairing in the 'outboard' position. You can easily check it by laying a straight edge on the edge of the slider and point it toward the fairing. It is close as you mention, but you don't want the slider sticking out too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.