Skyway's Windshield Spacers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
I have the stock and the Yamaha Tall windshield for my bike. I'm 6'4" and when I ran the tall shield it would just about blow out my ear drums even with earplugs or headphones. I decided before I bought a new aftermarket windshield I would give Skyway's windshield spacers a try.

Holy Cow!! What a difference!! I've been running my shield in the full down position so long I have to retrain my left thumb how to work that button for the windshield adjustment. This is one of the best farkles I have added to my bike, just wish I would have tried it 26,000 miles ago! :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work Skyway!! :yahoo:

JW

Holy Cow!! What a difference!! I've been running my shield in the full down position...
JW

Just ordered them myself after reading your review. I can't wait to see what the difference is for myself. I am 6' 1 and the noise is unbearable even with the taller Yamaha screen fully up, unless I scrunch down a little, but then the riding position is uncomfortable.

How long did it take for you to get them? A few days?

Allen

I got mine in about 2-3 days. I hope they help your situation like they did mine.

BTW: Here's a link to Skyway's Website in case anyone needs it: Skyway

JW

I got mine in about 2-3 days. I hope they help your situation like they did mine.

JW
just as an FYI, you have to do a search in order to find the spacers, they weren't listed. Searched for them, found, ordered! :rolleyes:

JW
just as an FYI, you have to do a search in order to find the spacers, they weren't listed. Searched for them, found, ordered! :rolleyes:
They are listed in the 06-07 FJR Catagory. No photo's up yet, but there will be soon.

06-07 FJR Windshield Spacer Kit

and here for 03-05

03-05 windshield Spacer Kit

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered this morning... and got the shipping confirmation e-mail this afternoon!

:yahoo:

Fantastic turn-around time!

Thanks Ian!

Allen

I wrote a glowing post on these spacers when I first put them on my '05 with the VStream shield. They made a good thing even better....you can't ask for any more than that.

$24 for 2 spacers? No wonder there's no photo. I did this "farkle" on my '06 about a year ago. Cost me the price of 2 spacers - around 0.50p ($1). I wonder if I can claim copyright on it !!!

Alan

$24 for 2 spacers? No wonder there's no photo. I did this "farkle" on my '06 about a year ago. Cost me the price of 2 spacers - around 0.50p ($1). I wonder if I can claim copyright on it !!!
Alan
Oh thats just great! poking at the Welshman tryin ta piss 'im off :nono:

:jester:

Alan
It can be done by heading to the hardware store and finding the correct parts, but the point you're missing, is that some folks want to purchase a product that is designed and machined specifically for thier bike in stainless steel. And not some off the shelf B&Q (UK style big box hardware store) made in china specials designed for multiple uses, including bolting the upper and lower jaws together of certain people when needed. :lol:

About the only thing I suggest you claim copyright on, is that you're the stingiest limey FJR owner crawling around on that wet rock folks call Great Britain. :D

Alan
It can be done by heading to the hardware store and finding the correct parts, but the point you're missing, is that some folks want to purchase a product that is designed and machined specifically for thier bike in stainless steel. And not some off the shelf B&Q (UK style big box hardware store) made in china specials designed for multiple uses, including bolting the upper and lower jaws together of certain people when needed. :lol:

About the only thing I suggest you claim copyright on, is that you're the stingiest limey FJR owner crawling around on that wet rock folks call Great Britain. :D

GO GET-EM SKYWAY, Your right most don't mind spending $24 for a well made product that gives so great results. I've noticed a great difference in wind noise alone since I installed your spacers. I'm completely satisfied. with the product.

So, not yet having pics to look at, I'm a bit confused ( I know sounds simple but) ..... so the spacers tilt the windshield more vertical?

Or just push the entire assembly towards the front wheel?

So, not yet having pics to look at, I'm a bit confused ( I know sounds simple but) ..... so the spacers tilt the windshield more vertical?Or just push the entire assembly towards the front wheel?
No, they sit between the motorized bracket and the windscreen frame, creating more space at the bottom and tilt the top back, eliminating the back pressure common with many aftermarket oversize screens. I've used them on Cee Baileys, V-Stream, and Rifle with excellent results.

I've already copyrighted that one, and the resulting damage when my home-brewed spacer setup failed at speed and left the screen laying on top of my bars for the cold ride home. Luckily, it was only 10 miles or so....

Here's a picture: (Ian, feel free to use it for your website if needed)

DSC01386.jpg

Alan
[SIZE=14pt]BULLSH&T !!![/SIZE]

Prove it!!!

Pictures?

Receipts?

Well?

Alan, let's see the final install. Still have it on your bike? Has it failed yet? Then we'll believe you.

So i assume that these spacers just gap the bottom of the shield more?

khrome

Here's a picture: (Ian, feel free to use it for your website if needed)
Thanks for the picture - I wasn't sure what to expect either. That will be very helpful. Hopefully mine will arrive today or tomorrow.

Allen

What you get in the package. All smooth, well machined, no rough edges. Hopefully I'll get them installed tomorrow evening.

6hdf7o0.jpg

Put my spacers on before heading out to EOM. When I get home I have the damage to the plastic below on both sides. The windshield doesn't have to be all the way down for the lower frame W to make contact. Anyone else have this problem?

Skyway001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.