Skyway's Windshield Spacers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a little test on the way home yesterday. With the stock windwhield all the way down and my custom Skyway spacers installed, I have about 2mm of clearance. Running down the freeway at about 75mph, the gap had decreased by half. I used my calibrated eyeballs (calibrated with standards traceable to the NIST) to perform this clearance check. :p

I didn't have an opportunity to get the professional rider to take my bike on the closed course for higher speed testing. Maybe at 150mph the bracket will hit? I'll have to wait for less traffic because I, er excuse me - the professional rider, don't want to stand up on the bike and stare at the windshield mount while going over a ton with cars around.

I spaced my screen out with various sizes of spacer with some degree of success but, all except the thinnest least effective left marks in the fairing .

Maybe we ride faster in OZ ?? In the end I took mine out and went back to stcok , with screen down and earplugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.