sliders for '05?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyMtnWay

Reaction score
Does anybody make any sliders/knob things for the sizes of a gen 1 FJR? ie. '05?

I see that on the '06 there is a space to go through the opening of the fairing to bold them onto, but for the '05 it looks like you'd have to drill holes in the fairing.

Or does anyone have a solution where you don't have to do any damaging of the fairing to accomplish this?

Thanks

Hey Rocky,

Do a search, and you will find enough on sliders to choke a horse. Skyway, R&G, Mokos, TOGs, etc. Its all there - 5 model years worth of options.

-BD

Hey Rocky,
Do a search, and you will find enough on sliders to choke a horse. Skyway, R&G, Mokos, TOGs, etc. Its all there - 5 model years worth of options.

-BD
BUT, IIRC, the Gen I bikes need the bracket mounted sliders to negate the drilling of the fairing, so he might be limited to the two brands I mentioned. Since I have the Moko brackets (same as current Moto) on my '05, I was able to use the Skyway "buttons" (mushrooms) on my old brackets. The Gen II bikes have a larger fairing slot that exposes the engine mount bolt where the Gen I bikes don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
it depends on if he wants no drill vs best placement. R&G have been available for he FJR since 2002 or 2003 and, while needing drilling for installation, also mount to what is arguably the optimal location for protecting the bike.

it depends on if he wants no drill vs best placement. R&G have been available for he FJR since 2002 or 2003 and, while needing drilling for installation, also mount to what is arguably the optimal location for protecting the bike.
I'm trying to scrounge up the $$ for the R&G myself. (Money suddenly got tight this summer somehow.) The bike I bought already has holes in the fairings from the previous owner's highway pegs. In the pics on the various vendor sites, the Motovation sliders (the ones through the fairing) look like they need a bigger hole, and don't protude as far (i.e. not far enough?) OTOH, the fairings come off without removing the sliders. Trade-offs everywhere.

I'm thinking since I already have the holes, why spend more for a bracket slider?