Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozenroses13

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am kind of new to the forum world so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

I read much of the thread regarding the fuel cells many of you ordered from Skyway and how

a year later most of you are still wondering what's going on despite this Ian guy saying he'll refund your money....

Prior to reading all that I saw the Delrin frame sliders on his page and really like that look.

Can you guys suggest another company or website that has something really similar that won't

take a year to send them to me?

Any help would be appreciated. I checked out www.whaccessories.com but they didn't

say what they were made out of and I don't want to end up with another set I don't like!

What do you guys and gals suggest?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

All the best,

~Rose~

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fuel cell problem is completely unrelated to any service issues with Skyway's sliders. I purchased Delrin sliders and windshield spacers from Skyway and he shipped them very quickly.

Before purchasing elsewhere, I suggest contacting Skyway and asking him how long it would take to ship the sliders. My experiences with Skyway have been good in terms of, both, craftsmanship and service.

Ok guys and gals, I think we will go with the Motivation or the T-rex sliders. Based on the input from the two threads, it seems to be the way to go.

Really happy with R&G racing sliders (have the can sliders on too). The sliders did their job at 0 mph with no plastic damage other than three tiny scratches on one saddlebag. The can sliders were mounted too high so I got minor scrapes on the right muffler, but that was an installation problem -- and I now have a mark on the can where the cans should be protected; and the sliders should cover the can "rash".

Ok guys and gals, I think we will go with the Motivation or the T-rex sliders. Based on the input from the two threads, it seems to be the way to go.
So which one's did you decide on? I cant get in touch with Skyway (I like the aluminum best), but T-Rex and OES are the cheaper vs motivation.

I just (5 minutes ago) installed my T rex sliders. A piece of cake. Had to first go buy an allen wrench big enough to unscrew the engine mount bolts and a small tube of loctite. After that, it took all of 10 minutes. I started with the right side (as everyone as well as the insructions said) then continued on to the left side. Both sliders are slightly different so make sure you put the correct one on the correct side. Torque 'em to 35 lbs and you're good to go.

It didn't take me a year to get Delrin sliders from Skyway. I ordered them last Friday and they were in my mailbox Monday. I'm not sure how that happened given we are on opposite coasts.

Hope everybody is on about hte TRex sliders. I'm buying a pair based on comments here and the cost. Once again this site will prove its worth.
I just got a pair from them on ebay for a few dollars cheaper than the site advertised (both in cost of sliders and shipping) - worth taking a look if youre in the market.

Thanks everyone.