Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed my T-Rex sliders last week. Easy install and they look great. I hope I never test them!!

Plus you can't beat the price!! :yahoo:

Here's a queston for you folks who have installed the sliders from oeaccessories...

In looking over the info online, I noticed that the bolts provided are an excellent grade stregth-wise, but are unplated.

Have you had any signs of corrosion from the black oxide finished bolts? I worry a little about that where it is threading into a aluminum frame member. I like the fact the head uses a hex bit rather than wrench, but am concerned about rust/corrosion a few months down the road.

Comments? TIA!

Don

I installed the T-Rex Sliders Saturday on my '05. It was somewhat challenging for me. I don't really enjoy the wrench work, and on the '05, you've got to take off the fairing sides to get it done. It wasn't terribly technical, but it did take me a bit of time with some additional work "under the hood" (heat fix, etc.)

I'm a little concerned about these things, though. They don't appear to be sticking out far enough to really protect much of anything in a crash - they're only out about an inch outside of the fairing. When 'using' them, is it still likely to lose much of the plastic work on the bike? They're not obtrusive enough to ruin the aesthetics of the bike, but neither are they long enough to appear to protect much.

Zip, the purpose of sliders is to protect your frame... not the plastics. If anyone told you that, they were misinformed. It just happens to be a perk of sliders, sometimes. That doesn't sound right, though... they only stick out 1" from the plastics?

My sliders stick out almost 3" from my bike's plastic.

I just jumped feet first into the $22 band wagon headed toward T-Rex frame slider-town.

I am so influenceable.

While still cheap....... 50% shipping / handling. LOL

Look forward to the install.

i hate to be a pessimist... but are these $22 sliders (t-rex) of any quality?

most decent sliders start at $70 and go up from there.

just asking... thx/ al

just asking... thx/ al

Install was mega easy.

To answer yer Q, they are as good or BETTER than the set I installed on my GSXR two years ago. Machine quality is top notch at the observer level and fit / finish / install was of the highest quality. Highly recommended part. Shipping was ultra quick as well. I feel like a schmuck for spending over $100 on the sliders stuck into the ribs of the GSXR when the T-Rex are avail at the price they are.

Ian just sent me the sliders i won at WFO6 in Utah, Didn't need them on an 05.

They are really nice pieces in that they have a nice piece of aluminum that goes between the frame and the slide.

And the price was good too.

R

Last edited by a moderator:

just asking... thx/ al

Install was mega easy.

To answer yer Q, they are as good or BETTER than the set I installed on my GSXR two years ago. Machine quality is top notch at the observer level and fit / finish / install was of the highest quality. Highly recommended part. Shipping was ultra quick as well. I feel like a schmuck for spending over $100 on the sliders stuck into the ribs of the GSXR when the T-Rex are avail at the price they are.
i don't know - you might want to check this out LINKY