Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look pretty good, and the price is very decent. They seem to have all the "requirements" metal collar on the inside to enable proper torquing down of the engine mount bolts, machined out of Delrin, and you can even buy replacement parts separately.

Whilst I've not used these sliders, I'm certainly going to keep them in mind if (when :unsure: ) I need to replace mine.

I've got those and they seem fine to me. Easy install and don't look too bad. Hope I never get to try them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have them but only used them for a zero speed dumb a$$ moment. Build quality and price are both solid.

Just follow the install instructions (one at a time) and torque values as they mount to motor mount locations.

I followed up with a few torque checks in the months to follow install with no issues.

K, going with them.

Anyone have a good handlebar extender Ideas? I am looking at the Heli’s WOW that’s pricey. And a bit of a scary job. :eek:

Okay, any comprable ones for the gen 1's, price and durability wise? Thanks in advance for any knowledge......Looks like I happened onto a gen 2 site :unsure:

Okay, any comprable ones for the gen 1's, price and durability wise? Thanks in advance for any knowledge......Looks like I happened onto a gen 2 site :unsure:
Nope plenty of old crotchity Gen I folks here (too many at times)
rolleyes.gif

These GSG-Moto aren't cheap, but will fit your bike.

These T-Rex have recently been reworked IIRC some here have purchased off Fleabay and seemed pleased with the product. I would give them a call.

Got mine at OES with the white lettering, shipping time was quick and the quality of the sliders is very good.

Not sure about Gen1 parts, sorry

I am looking at these https://www.oesaccessories.com/

Easy install, Would you guys think I should look at any other sliders?
You should check out LSL frame sliders. I was looking at sliders a month or so ago and decided on these. They really look good with the bike - almost stock or at least not an obvious add on. They come in various colors and the blue was a good enough match to the blue of my '05 FJR. These are a little pricey but they are designed so that in a low speed drop only the plastic insert piece would need to be replaced.

Yes, I have OES sliders on my Gen II and really like them. Requirements for a good quality slider: (1) Good quality hardware. Cheap ones have poor quality replacement bolt that often rusts. Remember, you're replacing a stressed frame component by removing the OEM motor mount bolt. It's important to replace it with a high quality fastener torqued to the proper spec. (2) Billet sleeve inside the Delrin slider. That way you can torque the bolt against the billet sleeve to achieve proper torque value. Some cheap sliders have no sleeve. (3) Good quality Delrin nylon slider. Replaceable from the manufacturer as well. OES meets all of these requirements. Most sliders from reputable dealers do as well. Some of the cheapy ones off eBay don't.

It is nice that you can replace the bolt, that's something that you might need to do someday. DAMHIK.

Just ordered a set of the OES. Thanks for the tip. :clapping:
Received mine today and installed in less than 10 minutes. Seem to be pretty sturdy and durable. Are there sliders for wheels or other areas? Did a search but didn't come up with anything. :huh: